The mean score among blacks is approximately 85, the mean score among whites is approximately 100, and the mean score among Asians is approximately 103. Hispanics mean score is in between whites and blacks. Does this really have anything to do with race?
StarNoble StarNoble 36-40, F 23 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Community

Less with race and more with socioeconomic status and education opportunities afforded to those races.

Best Answer

well technically IQ has nothing to do with education... we aren't going solve this here. It has been debated for the past 30 years and you either have to say the tests are flawed and have a bias by race or there is something to it.

Best Answer

I think they are flawed and do rely on culture.. the good example is when you see the word scramble
aotc what do you see "coat"? Well to a Mexican kid he may see taco which isn't one of the choices.

Best Answer

That's a darn good example "Oncemoor".

Best Answer

Race has nothing to do with it. It all depends on how much you pay attention and study.

Best Answer

how much you value of education

Best Answer

no and neither does intelligence , IQ exams are too over rated and are too often incorrectly made and very seldom even suit the person being examined , in my opinion

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

Could be.I have taken several of the online tests,and gotten a different score from each.

Best Answer

not surprising , i tried 1 test once on line but they introduced a 2 or 3 tier Q and that upset me , that they wanted only 1 answer to it , aarrrr i hate that

Best Answer

hello<br />
no i dont think race has anything to do with intellengence, i know blacks, natives, whites who are all smart in one way or another. i feel it is more on how you apply your knowledge and the support towards education growing up (from child) would play more of a ole than the color of your skin.<br />
-questionurstability

Best Answer

most people blame it on cultural bias which is unintentionally built into the test

Best Answer

It has more to do with culture.Many Asians,for example,are expected to excel from an early age,which is why they tend to do better than those that were not pushed.

Best Answer

Absolutely not. My IQ is 163. I am multicultural.

Best Answer

I think the test can create a generalized racial pattern, but there will always be exceptions to the rule, ba<x>sed on what culture the tested comes out of. Socioeconomic status will always play a larger role.

Best Answer

My mother and daughter are speech pathologist and give the IQ test. They try very hard to make sure that it has nothing to do with race. My son took a test as young boy and tested low partly because he thought breakfast foods were left overs and not eggs bacon and pancakes. So it does depend partly on your back ground. He also didn't do well because he didn't know the days of the week because he didn't care. He cared about dinosaurs. It wasn't until he was late high school age that he knew the months of the year. He actually had a very high IQ. I think 160. He has tested at 70 and 100 in the past. When you miss a certain number of questions they stop the test. My son knew the hard question that he wasn't tested on because he missed the easy ones.

Best Answer

Yes. Some races place more value on intelligence than others and push their children harder.

Best Answer

Nope, but culture does!

Best Answer

if your tasmainian or new zealander .. muwahaha XD

Best Answer

No. It has to do with education and the value given to education. IQ tests are ba<x>sed on academic subjects..

Best Answer

Yes. the black race has the smallest ammount of motivation to leave the lifestyles they currently live... its not that they cant be smarter... its that a lot of them dont realise its importance...<br />
also blue people get 50 points extra...<br />
I have a 156 score... I'm awesome...

Best Answer

Yes. The average scores reflect the average intelligence which is somewhat related to other racial characteristics.

Best Answer