The paradigm for religion and God is that if you are religious you are judgemental, patronizing, self righteous and a hypocrite. In my definiton it just means that you want to be a better person and try to make your community better and serve others. It's not about judgement, or who is " Saved" ( because really no one can judge that and I don't believe anyone is saved just because of what you believe) or if you have sinned or whatever else. We spend too much time focusing on other people and not enough time fixing a lot of problems aorund us. We need to work together not apart.
wingeyes wingeyes 31-35, F 12 Answers May 18 in Community

Religion like anything else is OK in moderation

Best Answer

exactly

Best Answer

There are many people who are an asset to the world and society that are also atheists. <br />
Religion IS about judgment. Religious writings are full of examples where non-believers are judged. Even the mythical god ultimately judges whose who do not believe.<br />
Religion is simply a man made construct to control the thoughts and actions of others.... nothing more.

Best Answer

Who says that atheists aren't an asset to the world? I am just saying that sometimes religion gets a bad rep. You are kind of judging all religions and people in it... so billions of people are judgemental? I think you are being judgemental .

Best Answer

Religions, in general, shun atheists as being less than assets to society. And, yes, believers in every religion are judgmental.
Every person is, indeed judgmental. We make judgments about people, things and concepts almost every moment of our existence. To think that you are not judgmental is to deny that you are a living thinking human.
Religions prove the basis for people judging others as inferior, corrupt, damned, selfish, sinners, etc. based on fictional writings and myths. More people have been murdered worldwide in the name of religion than for any other cause.

Best Answer

i don't shun atheists. I just can't stand sermons by fanatics from religion or atheists lecturing me about God. Both are annoying.

Best Answer

Humans surround ourselves with people who think as we do. Given two people applying for a job.... both perfectly qualified for the job.... but one who is a professed Christian and the other an atheist..... you would hire the person who you have judged to be a like thinker.
Atheists generally don't lecture people about god..... because we don't believe in its existence. We are generally determined (judged) to be atheists by our absence of religious rhetoric. I would be willing to bet that "believers" make up a disproportional percentage of your friends when compared to the general population.

Best Answer

yes and no - many atheists completely misunderstand what God is really all about but that's because so many loud-mouthed religious twits do as well - frankly fundamentalism of whatever stripe is the death of knowledge, truth, wisdom and peace

Best Answer

Yeah both sides are kind of fanatical

Best Answer

annnd they are coming out with this question

Best Answer

i suspect the best way to love God is, for the most part, not to mention the name - you have to talk to people in language they understand - not many have both the imagination to translate different ideologies, as well as the patience, compassion and insight to try to understand what others mean by the words they use [as opposed to instantly deconstructing the speaker's language according to the hearer's mental dictionary] - and without both a genuine dialogue with subjects of this kind are impossible

Best Answer

most arguments about God amount to children shouting at each other with their hands clamped over their ears

Best Answer

YES! Exactly. Well I work a lot with kids and they are from all different backgrounds. And while we do mention God we don't have a specific religion. Some people who don't believe in God like it because it teaches kids good values so they allow them to go. It's about giving a choice, and letting people investigate for themselves. Religion is such a tricky subject but you are really right.

Best Answer

As a teacher, you can instill "good values" in a child without mentioning "God" or anything connected with it. The only reason that a god could be used would be to instill the threat of punishment and guilt.

Best Answer

the ONLY reason? - i don't think Jesus invoked God in that way - nor did Rumi, Krishnamurti, nor many great mystics i can think off

Best Answer

That's a vast generalization. Only people who do that are those who are fanatical

Best Answer

To hate any kind of religion (except Islam) is a template for the left, therefore making it trendy.Religion haters think they're being cool, hip, anti-establishment, anti-mainstream and scholarly. I don't care about your faith or the lack thereof, just don't hate on me for what I believe in.

Best Answer

To say or imply that those who find no basis for religion to be "religion haters" is not only inaccurate, but, ignorant. I have no "hate" for religious people. What I do "hate" is the harm that is done in the name of religion

Best Answer

I am hoping that that includes someone shouting "Allah Akbar" just prior to beheading someone or opening fire on a bunch of people who don't believe in Islam.

Best Answer

I agree most religious people are for the good and betterment of others, community. I think however they would spend a lot of time trying to "fix" a sinner, instead of focusing on the good and by fix, I mean gossip about that sinner.

Best Answer

yeah I just hate it that people get either judgey of others ( super religious hypocritical people) or atheists get all judgey because you are religious without even researching what your paradigm of religion is. Ugh.

Best Answer

It depends on the religion,for example very few people hate buddhists,they're nice and peaceful. None threatening.

Best Answer

that's so true! And a good point. I think christians and muslims get the worst rep. I'm not either

Best Answer

what about in Burma/Myanmar?

Best Answer

oooh good point.

Best Answer

or tibet.

Best Answer

actually i think there was a period where Tibetan warrior monks overrun parts of China and did quite nasty things

Best Answer

Yeah , I heard that too . But I am saying some people in China might hate tibet. There was a point where people like Richard Gere were trying to save " tibet" so I dunnoo.

Best Answer

religion is just a make believe to control the people in doing what suite the masses I for one do not believe anymore I was brain washed growing up that there was some great place. But after I died in the hospital a few times I learn there wasn't much to it. We have been fooled and now it gives all who believe in there Religion to control or kill there follow person. Plus the so called God that most of our nation reads about is a murder itself by killing all in the flood but can not tell me or anyone else why we do not look a like if only 10 people were on the boat when the water went away

Best Answer

again, not my definition of religion.

Best Answer

Man made gods and religion it dates back to the sun and moon worship. I mean how could the mud hut dwelling goat lovers explain what they could not understand.

Best Answer

all explanations fall short of the truth, it's the reductive nature of reason - religion uses poetry more than reason to explain reality and needs to be understood in symbolic terms if it is to be understood at all

Best Answer

sadly time and again people take the metaphor for the literal reality, and then try to beat each other over the head with it

Best Answer

Science uses fact and as not one of the billions of facts known by scientists point to a god then god does not exist.

Best Answer

the real problem is defining God - most arguments about God seem to start from the most simplistic definition, if not the literally fundamentalist dogmas - which is ironic because your religious fundamentalist and your atheist are often in precise agreement about what God actually is - one just worships what the other reviles

Best Answer

but i would say the real meaning of God is something far more nebulous and difficult, if not impossible, to articulate - i think it's something closer to an experience, and certainly not something that can learned from a book like a mathematical formula or scientific law

Best Answer

though there is some correlation between science and christianity - both believe in a universe ruled by laws, science has just rejected the lawmaker

Best Answer

He is explained in the books if you want a theists view.
If you want a more realistic view then no proof exists for an intelligent creator.

Best Answer

Science has not just rejected a great maker It has not one shred of evidence. If I told you I am god You would laugh and request proof without proof I am not god.

Best Answer

i take a fairly pantheistic view of God - also, given that time and space are illusions of reality at the level we live in it, the universe has no creator - it is itself creation - God [or the Multiverse if you prefer] transcends time and space - time and space are like surface tension on water, they arises out of deeper principles/phenomenon

Best Answer

Your assertion is overly simplistic. A main principal of scientific thought is found in "chaos theory". There is actually very little correlation between Christianity (or any other religion) and science.
Science has not rejected the "lawmaker". Science has found no evidence that a "lawmaker" exists or ever existed.

Best Answer

actually a lot of things science is based on is purely faith driven. Many times,You investigate a paradigm but there is no real conclusive evidence that something is true...you just believe that this evidence led you to that belief.

Best Answer

You should read carl sagan, and stuff about the God particle. There are such a thing as religious scientists.

Best Answer

*shrugs*

Best Answer

it's cool if you don't see my point, or agree with it - we can't all see the world the same way

Best Answer

exactly. That's my main problem with people. Stop trying to convince the world you are right!

Best Answer

No science is fact like gravity its a theory yet it is known as a fact. This is the same as the big bang theory it is a fact.
To have no evidence is an investigation to find fact before it becomes scientific theory.

Best Answer

All debunked just like the creationists.

Best Answer

The initial theory that one is seeking proof of may be faith driven, but the actual research and facts that arise are based on reality... not faith.

Best Answer

As for the god particle you are referring to dark matter let me ask you this 100 years ago if I said you can split an atom I would have been laughed at. Just because the make up of the particle is as of yet unknown does not mean it is a finger print of god.
We have no idea how to travel to the next solar system within a humans life span. Does the fact we dont have the knowledge make it godly no.

Best Answer

You need to research what is meant by the "God Particle". Its existence in no way assumes or validates the existence of a "god".

Best Answer

The existence of gravity is not a theory. It is a fact that can be measured and somewhat manipulated.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I believe that the word satirical appears in the preface to the article. This is hardly proof or a basis for differing.

Best Answer

LOL sorry wrong page I will try and locate the correct one which talks about black holes and the problem with the gravity. Please bare with me whilst I do so.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer