We don't have religion in our politics, despite having an established church. In the UK strong religious belief in a politician is grounds to question their competance because it's assumed their judgement is impared. So while seeking or in office politicians tend to keep their faith to themselves. The exception is the Lords Spirtitual in the House of Lords but they're unelected.

Best Answer

What about our last messiah , tony bliar ?

Best Answer

Well yeah but even he waited until Gordon the Great took over to formally convert.

Best Answer

Only in that I generally don't support initiatives or candidates backed by fundamentalist groups: they're not usually in agreement with my core beliefs.

Best Answer

I never voted for candidates who mix religion with politics, because I don't usually agree with their political views.

Best Answer

religion sucks

Best Answer

No, I vote for the person who's political views I agree with the most.

Best Answer

Heck yeah!! If u mean upstate latter days as we used to call it o,n the Canadian border of new york

Best Answer

My vote is for ending all religion

Best Answer

I agree with maple10, although I see very little difference between politics and ORGANIZED religion. I can say that I would never vote for a Muslim though or a Young earther.<br />
*Only because it is impossible for a Muslim to separate church and state, Mosque and state. I wouldn't vote for a young earther because they can't separate superstition from reality.

Best Answer

I guess I should have added that I don't agree with the political views of a person who can't separate their religion from their politics such as adherents of a religion that calls for a one world theocracy, and you are right about the young earthers I have one for a neighbor.

Best Answer

What's a young earther? And why not vote for one?

Best Answer

Someone who believes that the earth is from 6 to 12,000 years old despite the fact that we can see millions of years into the past when we look at the stars at night with no ambient light around. Someone who's reasoning is so distorted by superstition should not be running the country.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Yes. If a candidate is fanatical about their religion and wants to force their religious/moral beliefs on me, it definitely influences my vote.

Best Answer

I vote for the most secular one.

Best Answer

No not at all.

Best Answer

nah-integrity and intelligence

Best Answer