I self-harm and have been self-harming but I want to know does it hurt me or make me feel better I can figure it out anymore. My friends don't help me as much as they used to so I want to ask people who might understand.
Cheshirecupacat Cheshirecupacat 16-17 5 Answers Jun 1 in Community

I used to think both ways. I wanted to make myself hurt so that I can feel better. Like I cut or burn myself and after that my hair nails and skin just felt better. I felt more comfortable in the clothes I wore. I was able to be more social and I had way more energy. That is, until I had to do it again. It was doing more bad then good though.

Best Answer

hurts you all the more! people don't know what to do to help you. Why do you do bad things to yourself? you are mostly further defeating and taking yourself away from others.

Best Answer

It hurts you and is a dangerous dissorder.

Best Answer

how is it dangerous?

Best Answer

You can pass out and bleed to death easily from it. Also, it leaves perminent scars.

Best Answer

thank your for replying to my question it helps.

Best Answer

Tell me one way it helps?

Best Answer

It gives me a way to punish myself because many others including me believe I'm a bad person.

Best Answer

How does punishing yourself help? Has it made you a better person?

Best Answer

no but I was raised to know if i do something bad i get punished so i punish myself so my parents don't have to.

Best Answer

If it's not making you a better person, then don't do it. The purpose of punishment is to modify behavior.

Best Answer

thats why i don't stop. I'm always bad

Best Answer

But if it doesn't make you good, then it is wasted punishment.

Best Answer

hurt you

Best Answer