I often find users putting down other users for sharing about things that might be particularly embarrassing. Personally, I would like to congratulate anyone who has come here for insight or accompaniment in sharing about their culturally sensitive experiences. Thank you all for making this an eye-opening, mind-expanding corner of the internet. I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone where they are. This is a place to talk, share, and seek a moment free of shame or embarrassment over life's most difficult experiences to reconcile. Not only that, but it's a place to feel safe sharing in that with others. Please recognize how precious that is.
hlkhw hlkhw 22-25, F 10 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Hobbies

I think it takes courage to talk about something taboo. More often than not though you find people openly promoting things that are no more than abuse

Best Answer

It is true that many days, coming here, I am discouraged more often than I am encouraged. There's always plenty I have to just ... ignore, or flag.

Best Answer

That is true. However I read a few stories on here about children's sexual encounters with adults. How would you define that?

Best Answer

I guess that I have been fortunate not to have stumbled into those corners of EP. Thanks for the heads up.

Best Answer

Im pretty much obsessed with taboo topics for some reason. Almost to a fault because i become to fixated to discuss normal things. Message me about anything and i will respond respectfully, and honestly. Literally anything

Best Answer

I think TMI is just that TMI. If you put it as a story to read that's one thing. Doing it in an open forum like Q&A can make people sqeamish

Best Answer

it's great that people have a place to discuss things they can't talk about in everyday life. <br />
it's true that certain topics should be shared in areas where they can be found by those who wish to find them, and avoided by those who wish to avoid them. but really, it's not the end of the world if you read something you didn't want to read. <br />
of course, the world is full of a-holes who enjoy insulting people because it makes them feel better about their puny selves.

Best Answer

If something is being shared (on here) in the spirit of learning and it is taboo, then negativity should be expected. It is that negativity that contributes to it being taboo. Unless the real intent is to change something like sex with animals or ****** from something that is bad to good. <br />
I understand the human distaste for receiving negativity from others. But if someone truly wants to grow, negativity is beneficial. Someone who hides something they know is wrong and refuses to share it for fear of what others say, is fooling only themselves because it allows them to continue doing whatever they want without regard to others and/or what's right/wrong.<br />
BTW, I would not and have not put anyone down for an experience they share.

Best Answer

Everything is taboo now. No they shouldn't. They have a right to talk about it.

Best Answer

If a person criticizes you about sharing Taboo topics, then they themselves must like the idea of Taboo subjects.

Best Answer

I feel one of the greatest purposes of EP is to share something you might otherwise hide in order to find others like you. While I agree the site might need to be moderated to prevent SOLICITATION concerning taboo subjects, I think it is very healthy to keep the board open for people to discuss anything and everything.

Best Answer