in today's age it is sad but most people still see men as the provider for their families. however, i think that it is the same emotional stress for both sexes.

Best Answer

We are talking about society here. It depends. <br />
Think about it. A guy that looks like Brad Pitt is out of work compared to a guy that looks like Kevin James.<br />
A woman that looks like Cameron Diaz is out of work compared to a woman that looks like Kevin James.<br />
If you put it on society, yes.

Best Answer

Without question. Women are still baby makers, and men are still the providers at its basis. Sex and further procreation will be the cultural main stay until cloning distends those posts.

Best Answer

Definitely, but I was raised in a very traditional setting

Best Answer

Not so much anymore, especially if she's single.

Best Answer

I think so

Best Answer

I am a 38 yr old male who is unemployed right now. I have always been the bread winner until I lost my job 3 months ago. I love the woman I am with and her 4 year old (He was 2/12 when we met). She and I are actually splitting up tomorrow and breaking up the family we had started - all due to the fact that she is overstressed about having to fill my previous roll of bread winner until I start making money again. It's breaking my heart and I am very sad that I cannot provide like I once did. I feel as if she does not even view me as a human being anymore..... and it's all based on the fact that I cannot contribute financially. I will most likley be losing my car next week as well.... it's our only car and she refuses to make the payment. I have tried to reason with her but the end result is the same. She thinks her life will be better without having to support a grown man. As I said before..... I am not even a human being with feelings etc in her eyes (she denies this when I tell her thats how I feel). During the time I was the bread winner she was out of work most of the time.... I never gave a second thought to sacrificing all I had in order to take care of her and her son.... so ALL three of us could make it..... My heart is heavy tonight..... she is only concerned with herself.

Bottom line is..... when you are a man who is employed you are treated as a person. When you lose your job, you are worse than a cockroach.

Best Answer