I imagine they're born that way. Surely, no one would willingly choose the difficulty they're faced with.

Best Answer

i don't think the difficulty makes much difference for any of us. there is always something one person loves that others will hate. that doesn't always stop the person from following their hearts. in either case, it's not indicative of whether someone is born to it or chooses... i disbelieve the argument that people wouldn't choose to be gay in their right minds because that's placing a negative on human relations through social construct and only viewing it through a heterosexual lens.

Best Answer

Do you think its easier for women to come out than it is for men? Just wondering :o) I have a feeling you're going to tell me each person is different, rightly so.

Best Answer

Personally I am gay, i don't ever feel i chose that way to be. I don't feel That givin a choice I would Choose to be degraded, beaten to death, bullied, picked on, Dispised, Looked at with disgust, Hated on , Pushed around, Felt that anywhere i went i may be killed, hurt, or my partner would be, Hard to find a job, Get looked at because i wear different clothes, felt like i wasn't even human. <br />
Sometimes, we just can't help who we love, We do not ask for acceptance, More so to accept That we Love just as much as anyone else. We feel, we bleed, We are Human. We are not perverts, Or things to be taken for granted. We DO hurt when you beat us, We do Die when you shoot us, We do Bleed when you throw things at us. We do commit suicide because We want to be happy yet people even today feel that all we are are things. We are Humans. We Love. Why is that wrong? The only choice we have here is wether we want to live a lie and live by Everyones standards, Or be truely happy inourselves. <br />
One thing i have Noticed is people put us in the same catagory as sicko's. But Who is the sicko here? Do we talk about what you do in the bedroom? Is it always on our minds What you do with your partner? Who your holding hands with? Who ur Kissing, Who your living with, who your spending your time with? NO.. Would u like to know why? Because We Don't Care what you do in the bedroom.. However You seem to care what we do in ours.. I want to Know why is that so important?? <br />
:) I am proud to be me. Nothing will change that, I just wish someday.. Everyone else will be proud to be themselves as well. <br />
The You in this statement is not pertaining to anyone here. Just an Observation Of non open minded people in General and why We Don't choose to be this way :)

Best Answer

most are born that way but some choose

Best Answer

Agreed most are born, but definitely some do choose.

Best Answer

straight people keep having gay babies so i doubt very much it is 100% either way. i think it's a combination of both natural attraction AND social construct. a lot of lesbians claim to have deliberately chosen to AVOID heterosexuality as younger women when faced with the indoctrination. i am bisexual and have discussed this at length with lesbians. i can't speak for gays but most of the lesbians i know and my own lifelong feelings for other women make it an interesting discussion. my first kiss waz a girl and i wazn't attracted to boys at all until puberty so i can't say for sure whether i waz born to it or chose it. that's my honest answer and i don't believe it's very nice of anyone to be debating this. ask gays, lesbians and bisexuals how they feel if you want the answers. i think you'll find it varies for all of us.

Best Answer

I made the CHOICE to be straight<br />
and it didnt work for me, I was unhappy.<br />
I made a CHOICE to live the standard "normal" that was expected of me<br />
But you cannot tell me being gay was a choice<br />
If you are straight force yourself to be gay and TRY to be happy <br />
it dosnt work<br />
so whats the difference? nothing!<br />
who you love and who you are attracted to is not a choice.<br />
fyi .Animals have displayed homosexuality, im sure they didnt sit around discussing why they should be together as same sex partners.

Best Answer

It's all a matter of genetics / Testosterone to Estrogen levels they are born with . Edit : <br />
Testosterone ( Male ) ...Estrogen ( Female ) / in some cases females are born with more Testosterone and vise versa with men / Estrogen . Thank you for your input . <br />
EP Support Volunteer Paschar

Best Answer

i disagree with this also. there is no evidence that lesbians have higher testosterone than heterosexual women. i do believe hormones can make a difference but only later on in puberty. before puberty, not so much.

Best Answer

Excuse me ? , 20 years army medical corp research in Biogenetic engineering and the research of my own gene pool says you are greatly mistaken or ill informed , Had my father not made up his mind one of my sisters would have been a Man and a woman for the rest of their lives / Born hermaphrodyte , Male genetalia removed at birth , I was born a Man but still have levels of estrogen along with other genetic anomalies from birth ie DCDC2 known to cause Dyslexia .

Best Answer

Last six key words : Are they born that way , Research and History States the facts and research is what I do best , And yes , If i were raised in that type of enviorment I may have been with a man instead of a woman who has given me 20 children .

Best Answer

you are talking about INTERSEX conditions and trans-sexing children and babies. how this even fits in with homosexuality is beyond me... this is so far off-topic that i'm just going to humour you for one moment... PCOS - a syndrome where women have higher testosterone than usual... are ALL of them lesbians? quite a few straight women having trouble conceiving babies due to this condition would want to rip you a new one right now for even suggesting their orientation is all hormone-based. really, does that mean they're really transmen or gay males in female bodies? how insulting of you to suggest this. your military upbringing is of no consequence to me and my life or millions of other lesbians and gays the world over. calling me ill-informed based on your experience with intersex and trans and genetic engineering of sexes in babies and children does not answer this person's question. i believe i answered it with the best of my personal experience in being bisexual and the fact that i know many ppl in these communities.

Best Answer

Genetic research still speaks the facts , look up INAH3 gene helix found in both males and females , Futher doctumentation can be found with both N.I.N.D.S. and N.O.R.D.

Best Answer

The gay people chose to be gay around the same time in their life that you chose to be straight in yours.

Best Answer

My personal belief is people are born gay, some people due to one experience or another choose to be gay as it works for them. As hetrosexuals I don't think we have the answers to this question just our own opinions.

Best Answer

I have seen lots of people that were abused as a kid and claim it was a reason they went in that direction

Best Answer

Some bi men choose to be with a man their in love with. Personally Im gay and did not choose to be gay. I dont remember hearing anyone choosing to be straight. Lest face it why would anyone choose to be gay especially with all the hate and bullying we have to deal with.

Best Answer

All I know is that I never chose to be attracted to men, it's just something in me. I also never chose to be attracted to women. What I have chosen is to act on my attraction to men and not act on my attraction to women. What I find as I get older is that I have less concern about the ramifications about acting on my attraction to women. It hasn't happened yet, but I can imagine it will.

Best Answer

well i have always had a dream of buying a sailboat, and living out at sea, but there was one huge problem. I hate the taste of fish. I kept trying to eat bites of fish to try and get used to the taste, but no matter how many times i tried it it tasted god awful. I'm sure being gay is the same concept. I didnt choose to hate fish, i chose to love it, but i cant love it. I may gain a taste for fish eventually, but only god knows what would cause my tastes to change. But thanks to my preferences my dreams of living out at sea were ruined. Lifes not fair :(

Best Answer

Both some people's brains are wired wrong others just like getting in in the butt

Best Answer

i say they it there choice so like maybe they cant trust girl are they cant trust boys, and it happens in family to if you have more girls in your family and see you them change you can be like DAME gose for boys to but i say never bron gay pick to be gay

Best Answer

They are NOT Born that way. That is a lie from the pits of Hell. You choose.

Best Answer

Who in there right mind would choose to be judged
told there gonna burn in hell.
get disowned from family members
and get bullied &gt; OH RIGHT just like a preist once told me i was possessed! SIlly me .. possesion or the devil is the answer to all things unknown. Just like those children with disorders or came out a little disfigured they where the devils child and where Killed.

Best Answer

BURN WITCH!!!, "Wait, I believe in God", "ok. he's good, cut him down".

Best Answer

the way i see it... because i believe in reincarnation... gays (men) were women in their past lives,, just cant make the souls change who they really are.. if you are a woman at heart.. coming back as a man isnt gonna change you. (and vice versa for a girl)

Best Answer

i respectfully disagree.

Best Answer

i enjoy every aspect of being a guy, but im gay. I have always felt that i was a guy at heart, but i have never ever felt the same way about women. Almost all my thoughts on women are mysogynistic. Its not the gender that bothers me, its the femininity that i dislike. Shopping, twilight stuff, artsy stuff dont interest me. Im into games, guitars, guns and.... Well guys of course ;)

Best Answer

Does one choose to be straight?<br />
I believe they are born gay. Though I also feel that for some people, sexuality can be a very fluid thing. I'm not gay, but I have a lot of friends who are, and I see what they go through on a daily basis. I don't think anyone in their right mind would choose to be gay, at least not where I'm from. Even if people THINK you're gay, they'll treat you differently here.

Best Answer

does society cherish heterosexuality and base all of it's propaganda on this orientation or homosexuality? i think you'll find that people do get indoctrinated into believing that straight is the only right way to live.

Best Answer

it's usually the religious who don't like gays. And most strait guys don't want to be around gay guys just because, well, you know how guys act.

Best Answer

for some reason i would probably cringe at a male on male kiss scene in a movie that isnt directed to gays for some reason.

Best Answer

Luckily I was not born gay, but born like that.... God made them that way, true?

Best Answer

I don't consider God a factor in any debate.

Best Answer

I don't. . But, god told me to be like that, so there....

Best Answer

it is generally not a conscious choice, but someone who is attracted to someone else of the same sex can still choose NOT to follow that attraction, just as I when I was single chose not to be sexually active.

Best Answer

I tend to think they are born that way. But i'm not gay and never have had to go thru that so I cant say for sure.

Best Answer