I recently fell in love with my childhood best friend, we were 13 the last time we saw eachother, he moved away, we grew up and went different directions. He is now in prison doing life without parole, we have now been talking again for 3 months, we very quickly realized we were falling in love, I have never loved anyone the way I love him. But I'm not stupid I know this is going to be the hardest relationship I could ever imagine, but am I supposed to just walk away and abandon him just because he is in prison? it doesn't make me love him any less, I saw him for the first time in 17 years last week, I know our love is real.
FriendsB4prison FriendsB4prison 26-30, F 12 Answers Jul 30, 2012

if you both have faith that this will work and make God the center of everything - it really can work. it is a very hard path, but it is not a situation os strength or weakness. If you both have a strong love and can fill the voids of a regular relationship with God then it can last. Me and my love make God the center of our relationship and even if he never gets out we know we will be together one day in heaven. Every day God shows me in some way or another that he is who I am mean to be with. It is definately amazing.

Best Answer

Thanks Beverly!

Best Answer

You can love the guy regardless if he's in prinson or not.<br />
If it doesn't bother you having a relationship this way, then go for it.

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

I think that's a brave thing to do as most of us would walk away at just the idea of it. You must obviously know that your relationship can never been normal but if you feel you can live without all those things normal couples do then good luck to you both. My situation is no where near yours but I do understand the thought of not being able to do what everyone else does. If you read some of my stories I talk about a married man and me no its not a proper relationship more a friendship going a bit far but saying that there are so many places we can not go as he is known there and things we will never do together but that does not stop me having deep feelings for him. Just seeing him go past me in a vehicle or have him wink at me when he thinks no one is looking always makes me smile and feel happy. Good Luck both of you. You are and will have to be a very strong woman.

Best Answer

I hope my post does not offend you <br />
but I think you are setting yourself up for failure. <br />
You will not be able to have a life with someone who is in prision without the possibility of parole. I understand staying friends but for a romantic relationship you are in for a tough ride that may reap few rewards.<br />
I'm not going to call someone strong or weak for "standing by the man" they love. You are a person with feelings and emotions and I just think if you were someone in my life that I loved and cared for, I would ask them to take a deeper look into themself to see what is drawing them to this person

Best Answer

I was in a relationship for 13 years, and was unhappy for about 8 of those years, so I have had failures and hard times with a man outside of prison, and I've never felt as loved as I do now with him. I know its gonna be tough, and if we only end up being friends then that is what it'll be, but the love I have for him is so intense, I'm just going to let it happen and see where it leads.

Best Answer

I dont doubt your sincerity. But you have chosen a really hard path for yourself with no absolute way to know if he would stand by you if he had options. I hope thats going to be enough for you.

Best Answer

I didn't really choose this path, I never intended for this to happen. I didn't know we would fall in love

Best Answer

it just means you are setting yourself up for lonlieness and dissappointment. dont abandon him, guys in prison need outside contacts (trust me i know) but the romance will never go anywhere.

Best Answer

I had lonlieness and disappointment in relationships outside of prison too! I know he needs outside contact, but he also told me to be sure this is what I want, and if its not he will understand.

Best Answer

Get a proper life for yourself. Are you afraid of having a proper relationship with a man you can spend your actual day to day life with? A man you can share a bed with, have children with, grow old with? You only have one life honey, and it's not a rehearsal. The guy in prison has already f**ked up his, so don't let him do the same to yours

Best Answer

I was in a relationship for 13 years, we lived together and had a child, so know I'm not afraid of having a proper relationship, I had one for a very long time. We grew apart, I met him at 16, I had my daughter at 21, she is now 9 and we decided it was best to go our seperate ways. I'm not a child, I've had "normal" relationships, I never meant tofall in love with him,it just happened. He was my friend and I was glad to have him back in my life, never intended for it to become a relationship. He lookedme in the eye and said if you ever decide you don't wanna be with me or do this anymore, you can tell me I will understand, he himself didn't want me to be hurt and sad, knowing his situation. But as for right now, I love him to much to walk away. I can't expect you to understand, I wouldn't either if I was you.

Best Answer

you and i need to message i have been interested in how this happens. no joke and if you dont mind that woukd be very nice.

Best Answer

In my opinion, it makes you a fool. That is too much to expect of anyone.

Best Answer

i dont know but at least u know where he is hope your not sending him money theres a huge scam with that kind of thing

Best Answer