Like pressing harder on the the strings and switching between chords. Also does having Callus on your finger tips have a negative effect on your health?(Just curious)
James2244 James2244 22-25, M 9 Answers Oct 31, 2012 in Music

I haven't played for about a year (twenty years of playing before that), but yeah, the hard fingers make it easier to move around the fret-board. Not too good when you're stroking your Misses' juicy bits though...

Best Answer

si senior, that's about all I know in Spanish. but yes that's the idea. play hard buddy

Best Answer

That's the basic purpose

Best Answer

First you develop calluses, then later your skin just becomes thicker - no rough bits.

Best Answer

The calluses help harden your fingertips and over time, you develop a very sensitive touch. It truly allows you to make your guitar talk.

Best Answer

thats how it works

Best Answer

Most pla<x>yers I know are proud of their callouses and like to show them off, myself included. It's shows you have been playing a lot. Sort of a badge of honor. But yes, I think it makes it easier to play after you develop them. I've never noticed any negative effects. Speaking of Badge...great Clapton song :-)

Best Answer

Yes, if your new and no callus's it hurts after playing awhile. I have had callus's on my fingers for over 30 yrs and hasnt done anything to me yet.

Best Answer