Just seems that some people at least don't think that we'd give money to save men....
Ketsan Ketsan 31-35, M 11 Answers Jul 21, 2011

Same in many areas really..Men killed in war are often taken for granted etc..compared to women and children who will definitely get a mention..Look in the phone book under "mens" (few entries).."womens" (many if not pages) or "childrens" (guessing a good number) ..<br />
Same with say prostate cancer compared to breast cancer.<br />
Its part of being a man to be more expendable.<br />
The Western Front was mostly just a way to cull thousands or millions of males..Its the same in many aspects of nature..Its all about the flower,the fruit,the female..Not so much about the pesky male pollinator,or the overly boisterous rooster!!<br />
For the sensitive man,or the less ego-macho male,.it may seem rather unfair and stacked against them.

Best Answer

I didn't check all the facts that you presented. I disagree that males killed in wars are not mentioned. It is human nature to revere them, we always have and we always will. We are territorial creatures and men are, usually the protectors of this.

Best Answer

men have always been considered expendable.

Best Answer

A homeless man without wife is considered a worthless bum. A women on the street a person who salavation will meet.

Best Answer

There are PLENTY of charities esp for men, with great resources that fund education and job training. I have noticed that most charity ads feature mothers with a young (cute) child. Everyone can relate to that!

Best Answer

Could you give some examples of this.....very interesting though. I thought this implication was something found in many movies, like Titanic, where the helmsmen, were told to get the women and children onto the lifeboats first. That may have been their reasoning but it was the men who chose this. I can not imagine how any society could think such a thing though.

Best Answer

It's just something I've noticed on red cross ads and the like. It's always a starving woman and baby or a woman planting crops or a woman digging a well. There's no men in them what so ever. As you say it's women and children first, men are deemed an acceptable loss. The guys doing the ads know we think this, we don't care about some guy starving to death or carrying his child for days to find water or digging a well for his family. That's not a guy we think we should be helping apparently.

Best Answer

Well I care and it makes no difference whether you are a woman, child or man IMHO.

Best Answer

women represents the carrier of life whilst the children are the symbol of innocence and the next line of the human story. They have qualities we value in no matter what nation we are from. men don't really have much we value for apart from protection from other men. They are suppose to die in trying to save them from harm. so no point in saving men who are suppose to be capable in looking after themselves.

Best Answer

People tend to be more sympathetic to women and children They are considered to be more vulnerable.

Best Answer

I agree with multiwave0. We're wired to protect children and women are used to be seen as these weak creatures that also need help and saving. So subconsciously you are more inclined to give a way money to a charity showing pics of sad women and children. Has nothing to do with men not being worth saving :)

Best Answer

No its just clever marketing because we (well, most anyways) are wired to protect children.

Best Answer

Whoa...that is an interesting observation!

Best Answer