flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 16 Answers Oct 18, 2012 in Politics

Thomas Jefferson once said "Any government big enough to supply all your needs, is a government big enough to take all you have"......

Best Answer

No more for the poor. I'm becoming poor paying for all this crap

Best Answer

Selfish, aren't you? What about the poor people struggling to feed their children?

Best Answer

That's why I only had 2. I can't afford more

Best Answer

There's enough benefits, but not to those who need it most. Our government could care less about the poor people who are starving and working their butts off.

Best Answer

HELL NO. Welfare cost the USA in 2011 $ 1,000,000,000,000.00 in 1 year!!!!

Best Answer

going poor trying to be my brothers keeper

Best Answer

No. We have to draw the line. Actually the line was already passed. There is not enough money to feed all of the poor. We need to start buying fishing poles and handing them out so people can catch their own fish.

Best Answer

Enough? IDK about this! <br />
Some barely can make it with a little check they receive.<br />
I know they try helping as much as they can.

Best Answer

The benefits offered need to be properly managed. Then the benefits will go to the right people and benefit society

Best Answer

Unless you are disabled, there should be some sort of community service requirement to keep collecting benefits...

Best Answer

No to your first question and yes to your second. In fact tax rates on the wealthy should be returned to the levels they were in the 1950s (Eisenhower era) when the upper marginal tax rate was about 85%. Back then there were still rich people, they still had all their toys, yachts, mansions, diamond jewelry for their pets etc. They were still rich. If someone is making $10 million a year they should be paying about 85% of that in taxes to the government. Who the hell needs more than $1.5 million to make it through 365 days? Someone with a $1,000 a day cocaine habit doesn't need that kind of money even.

Best Answer