where women can slam men and it's accepted, but not accepted if men do it to women?
AllStarcrushNate AllStarcrushNate 26-30, M 10 Answers Sep 20, 2012 in Hobbies

Who said violence was accepted? Now there seems to be no big need for battered husband shelters.

Best Answer

Violence is never ok. Double standards may exist, but being an *** isn't excused by it.

Best Answer

Um, I don't mean literal violence. I mean it's okay for women to slam men in what they can say about men.

Best Answer

Double standards will always exist Nate. I don't think that there's more of one than the other. <br />
Where I'm from, men slam women and women slam them right back. There's no discrimination there.

Best Answer

Well, duh. And then there's the draft, and cross-dressing, and the **** thing. Double standards are alive and well and go both ways.

Best Answer

But there are still more double standards against men than women.

Best Answer

No, Nate. I think there's an equal amount.

Best Answer

In the United States and similar countries, I guess you could say that's true. But hey, it used to be the other way around. That means that feminism was successful. Now all we need is an equivalent for men, or perhaps a just plain individualist movement.

Best Answer

I'm working on it.

Best Answer

woman get equality + privledge----My Poli Sci Professor

Best Answer

Your professor's a dumbarse. How are we the more privileged sex?

Best Answer

you don't-women do. And he was brilliant

Best Answer

Yep. We live in a world where women make less than men, are in fewer positions of power, and are more likely to be assaulted, raped, and murdered by men than men are by women.<br />
So yeah, total double standard.

Best Answer

And yet the women in positions of power are screwing things up as well. Apparently 51% of all U.S. businesses are now owned or run by women, yet these women bosses aren't giving women equal pay. Women are and have been senators, governors, mayors, etc. in our nation for years, and I don't think whether they hold more positions of power or not will really make a difference. True that women are assaulted, raped and murdered by men, but a lot of it goes on vice versa, people just aren't aware of it and really don't want to believe it goes on.

Best Answer

Yes. The double standard comes from our pack days in the wild. Before weapons made fighting and single lone men extremely dangerous, sexual contests were determined by the alpha male method. This resulted in an alpha male leading a herd of women. Alpha males are expected to not hurt their herd members, while women are expected to expel weak males and only let strong ones through to contest for the alpha male position. It's a persistent instinctual and social norm that civilization will have to get rid of along with other greed practices.

Best Answer