peza peza 46-50, M 4 Answers Aug 11, 2012 in Abuse

No it does not, my friend. No, it does not.

Best Answer

Pretty much. Just read the UN conclusions and I can't agree that holding an acting US soldier on charges of treason in solitary confinement and under suicide watch is "torture".

Best Answer

A 14 month investigation by Juan Menendez , the UN's special rapporteur on torture has concluded that Manning has been subjected to cruel and inhumane treatment.
Ok , they never waterboarded him , but hey , that's not torture either

Best Answer

That's the report I just read--the torture consisted of being kept in a cell and made to sleep in his underwear.

Best Answer

Manning was awoken at 0500 hours and required to remain awake in his cell from 0500 to 2200 hours," Coombs claims in the motion, adding that he "was not permitted to lie down on his rack during the duty day. Nor was Manning permitted to lean his back against the cell wall; he had to sit upright on his rack without any back support".
The motion further states that Manning was only allowed 20 minutes of "sunshine call" a day. In addition, he was permitted by guards to take no more than five minutes in the shower. On the rare occasions that he was allowed out of his cell, Manning was forced to wear shackles with metal hand and leg restraints. At least two guards accompanied him at all times.
Manning was handed a pair of running shoes without laces for his trips outside, but they would fall off when he attempted to walk. As a result he "elected to wear boots instead", the document alleges.
The conditions were imposed, the US military has claimed, for Manning's own protection under a so-called "prevention of injury" order, or POI. But Manning's lawyer says there is clear evidence showing that the conditions were not imposed because of a risk of self-harm, and were instead used as a form of punishment. "The Brig's arbitrary policy to keep Manning subject to the harshest conditions possible shows an intent to punish Manning," the document says

Best Answer

I forgot that he was being held for stealing twinkies. Here I thought it was treason. He has an entire lifetime to spend like this. They will always suspect he will commit suicide. He will never be allowed in the general population. He is basically under suicide watch and in protective custody while in prison. This is now his life forever if he is convicted.

Best Answer

Shameful.

Best Answer

maybe it is shameful that he was brought up to think actions do not have consequences. maybe then he would not have committed treason. now they will have to spend alot of money to protect him from other prisoners. he can whine about his 20 minutes of sunshine but why would we restrict other prisoners more so he can have more time? he ****** up, now he has to pay the price.

Best Answer

You forgot the most heinous charge of torture I just came across--he developed a rash because his blanket was too stiff. (No, I'm not kidding.)

Best Answer

i know. it is society that is messed up to even think any of the things done to him were torture. not killing him if found guilty will be the real torture. fellow military criminals will kill him. so he can never have interactions. he must make do with what is left after the rest get their time as a group for showers and such.

Best Answer

There are a certain heightened expectations of loyalty and service that come with taking the oath to serve your country in the military--and certain harsher penalties if you dishonor that oath. If he were a civilian instead of a serving soldier, things would be different.

Best Answer

shhhh. if you keep talking like that people will think you believe people are responsible for their actions. that is not a very popular opinion in the past few decades.

Best Answer

As far as I am concerned he is an hero for helping to expose your country's war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan and I fail to see how that endangered any American lives or could possibly justify the charge of treason. It's just vengeance.

Best Answer

No-neither does the BS that the hero Julian Assange has been put through as well as the OWS heroes.Meanwhile the racist TP skunks get richer and richer and aren't in jail where they belong.

Best Answer

er,,, who's he ?? haha hehe

Best Answer