Intriguing question. I believe principles should be ba<x>sed on what is right, but we don't agree on what is right and we often cling to "principles" that are untested against truth and right. <br />
To me, the litmus test of principles and right is, Is it loving and is it compassionate? Many principles we hold dear fail one or both of these tests. Many things we consider right fail on one or both of these tests. <br />
So in answer, you put aside principles when they fail the test and the "right" passes the test. You maintain the principle when the "right" fails the test. And you reevaluate your position if both fail the test. If the principle and right pass the test, there shouldn't be any conflict.

Best Answer

I question it when principal is't right, sounds like you might want to do something even when you know it's not right because it feels better for now.

Best Answer

Yes if you or someone else is being hurt and your principle doesn't match what would be considered the right thing to do in the situation! An example: Those kids who lured a kid into an alley, beat him, robbed him, filmed it and posted it online. Family members of the oldest one recognized him in the video. Their principle might be to try protect their family member, hide them from the law, "help bury the body" as people like to say on EP. But it's not right, they did the right thing by turning him in. Although they still didn't completely do what was right since they only told the kid's dad instead of the actual police. But luckily the kid's face was clearly visible and no one could deny that it was him. Maybe not the best example.. :o

Best Answer

Yes, definitely.

Best Answer

If you are asking if we need to, from time to time, set aside certain principals and do things for the sake of compromise and the collective good, then yes. sometimes we need to do what's best for ALL involved.<br />
eg. we are stewards on this planet and should take care of it. But we also all have to live here, every square inch can not be left pristine. Some potentially less desirable things must be done so that everyone can survive. Of course that doesn't mean trash the whole planet. a place for everything and everything in its place

Best Answer

nothing is true anymore

Best Answer

More than I thought would ever happen to me

Best Answer

every morning in the shower....matter of fact every private moment I dew.

Best Answer