So many events have marked my life till now: i was raped as a child by a priest, i was diagnosed anemia before 7, i was diagnosed depression when i was 10 and started being treated with meds, diagnosed fibromyalgia at 12 and started being treated with injections, the fact that nobody hear a word i say and feel ignored all my life, my 3 suicide attemtpts as adolescent, my grandmother death 3 years ago, my mother's death 2 years and a month ago.
belpeol belpeol 22-25, M 12 Answers Nov 3, 2011

I don't believe that time heals, but I do believe it lessens the intensity of the hurt. (((((((hugs for you on your journey to a happier time)))))))))))

Best Answer

thx, wish u the best.

Best Answer

Time can heap enough dirt on the past to make it a distant voice. Remember, your life from here on is under your control. Much of what happens in your life will depend on how you see yourself. Don't define yourself by the negative events in your life. You're not a child abuse survivor, you're a person who was abused as a child. You're not a fibromyalgia victim, you're a person who happens to have fibromyalgia. I know it sounds like a small difference, but it isn't.

Best Answer

in other words, it all depends if you see the glass whether half-empty or half-full.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes i believe so.With time we make new memories.The new memories get added in our life.And the old ones become old.When memories become old we generally tend to forget their details.Atleast i believe that time heals old wounds even psycological ones.My best wishes to you:)...take care:)

Best Answer

good question really. i guess it does depend on how you're dealing with your abuse. i too was abused as a child age 6. looking back on my life i have been self medicating, with first marijuana all the clouds lifted. but then because of its expence and difficulty to obtain and its illegality i switched over night to alcohol. for the last sh1t 14 to 15 years, long time the train wrecks i have left in my lifes trail. i have not dealt with it properly ever. however talking to people can assist. i am greatful to and for the exp. project.

i am happy to vent my lifes experiences, if only to educate those who have never been through that which we have. people are so ignorant particularly in person. some who i have spoken with face to face have said why dont you simply forget what happened. how stupid a responce is that. particularly when i drink just to free my mind from it. but truthfully drinking has gotten me into so much trouble. there is no answer there. psyco cologists well i personally could not be comfortable talking with them.

i would be more comfortable in life if society would deal with pedos properly. I think mabey shredd the turdds. do somthing more than pat them on the back and say next time dont get caught.

belpoel sorry you went through this trauma. there is no simple answer to such an adult subject, foistered on an imature mind as all kids have.

its not even an easy subject to discuss.

those of you who have never been messed with you have to understand this is something that shifts a childs mind. he and or she adjusts there lives incramentally as i have done all my life.

even when an adult or even a prostitute who is raped there life alters, man or woman doesnot matter.

it is a life changer never for the better always worse. and as time goes by the more damage that accumulates, how could a victim not end up depressed, suicidal drunk drugged or dead.

and worst of all there are ignoramases out there who think it happened to you odds are i will do it to others. god how sick are people. pedo's first line of defence typically is they suffered this, well to this i say bulll sh1t, this is there defence layers talking. as i know the harm done to me i would not wish any of this on my worst enemies child or anyone for that matter.

battle on battle on keep on battling you arnt alone in your suffering there are childeren as we speak being messed with. perhaps 1 day you may stumble on a idea or something. but personally with the legal systems around the world efectively sanctioning these beasts, there has got to be a time where society riots against the legal beasts. i personally believe the legal system is just as evil as a pedo.

bepoel i wish you the very best and i hope you can put things into some kind of maneagable mental frame work.

Best Answer

If life is treating you kindly it helps in healing those wounds. When something happens that is hurtful however it brings many of those things to the forefront of your mind to be relived and felt all over again. All you can do is pray for someone to come along who loves you enough to understand that you have had bad things happen that were in NO WAY YOUR FAULT!!

People might enter your life believing they can fix you or what happened and get frustrated because no one has this ability. All we need is someone to put their arms around us and let it pass.

Best Answer

thx dollysworld, however is not as simple as let it pass (if im wrong u meant being with the ones around who really care about oneself)

Best Answer

Not all wounds can be healed , time makes dealing with somethings easier and your normal changes .

Losing a child or childhood rape are examples of things that can't really be healed .

All you can really do is except your lot in life and realise you're a stronger person for these things .

Life can be crueler on some more than others , find the reason / lesson behind these things so they don't seem so senseless .

Best Answer

I hate my life so much, Im trying todeal this, im goign to a psychiatrist once a week, yet is never better, keep having those awful memories, and im starting to think the only way i could be healed is by not being in this world. And is not as easy as "forget about it and live happy" as so many have said. Its terribly fearsome just to be around here.

Best Answer

from my experiences..only to a certain degree...time makes things fade into the background but never quite gone...but that's called living life..exceptance of old wounds is healthy. It also makes you....you...unique..one of a kind.

Best Answer

i think time makes it easier to deal with stuff but i dont think it can really make it go away as we really wish it did

Best Answer

nope. i've learned myself that it is not a matter of time, but is a matter of choice. if you let it on too long (sulk) without really doing anything about it or facing it, nothing is resolved. but if you actually do something about it (choose to face it, choose to let go and choose to move on) then it is better, i think. then you can say in the end that you did it (because you actually did something about it) rather than letting precious time slip away tricking yourself into thinking that you did/made it. idk. i think what ive said applies mainly on forgiveness, so yea.

Best Answer

I think time wounds all heals. Time may not always give complete healing from psychological wounds but you do learn how to put things in perspective. As for thos heals that that inflict pain and trauma into the lives of others,be forwarned ! Everybodys bill comes due someday. You can not reasonably expect to escape the consequences.

Best Answer

when so many wrong things happen in our lives.........just "time" ain't gonna cut it?!......you need guidance to put your life back of track.............someone to talk to..........hopefully a professional ;-)

Best Answer

i have now a psychologist to treat me.

Best Answer