And I don't mean the 'love' where you date, get married, pop out some kids, and decide to get divorced. I also don't mean the honeymoon crush, sort of love. It's the kind of love for teenagers where its like you 'think' you're in love, but really it's just a hardcore crush and you're over each other in like a week. What I'm saying is the chuck norris of all loves. It's the love that stands the test of time. The love where you don't cheat on the other person because you made a 'mistake'. The love where you miss them when you're not with them. You do things just to see them smile. You remember what their favorite movie is, and what they like to eat. You get physically breathless when they're near, and their very presence both soothes and hurts all at once. Is this just a fairy tail love? Is this just me reading too many romance novels? Should I give up on such notions, and just try to find someone who can be tolerable for as many years as possible? This is a serious question, thanks.
popcorngoo popcorngoo 18-21, F 25 Answers Jan 3, 2013 in Romance & True Love

The Chuck Norris of love... So I'll have to take a roundhouse kick to the face to know if its true?

Best Answer

haha, and only if it's true love will you survive it. xD

Best Answer

and get a total gym out of it lol

Best Answer

True love is somewhere out there. Its very rare; hard to find, not many people have found true love. But the ones who have, have worked hard for it and believed in it. So if you really really want it, your gonna have to fight for it.

Best Answer

I hope you're right. I think the world would be terribly dark, and lonely without it. I've just seen so many broken homes that it's hard to stay positive about such things.

Best Answer

Yes, that is why marriage has a name.

Best Answer

marriage is a farce.

Best Answer

And that's your opinion, which is fine, but if you really want to get a genuine answer, you need to be a little more open to answers. Otherwise, you'll just get lost in it.

Best Answer

idk. there are statistics physically showing how like 50% of people who get married get divorced. And, yeah I guess the other half have happy marriages. But there's also the fact that maybe the other half is just staying with the other person for their kids? or money? or just because it's safe? So....idk. Maybe you're right and I should be a little less negative...but the numbers are not looking good...

Best Answer

You do realize that those statistics are from people who are noted in newspapers and stuff? If 50% of the worlds population where to be divorced, everyone would be asking the same question you are, but they're not and that's not even saying much because it's practically impossible to keep track of every single little marriage that happens. I mean the amount of time and effort one would have to keep up with would be more than astounding and even when they release it, that statistic would change increasingly every 10-20 minutes at the most, because there would be millions of people getting married and getting divorces every 5-10 seconds. Yeah, there are a lot of divorces out there but try not to look at it that way. Dumb and desperate people rush into relationships and get married within 5 months just because they think it'll keep them around forever when they don't even realize that a marriage should be asked for after at least 5 years. If people calmed the heck down, they would be able to produce a functional relationship and even then, part of it is their fault for attaching to the first person who calls them pretty or hot. Then there are people who don't do this and actually take their time.

Best Answer

I agree about those stupid people who rush into things. I have a friend who is doing exactly that with her boyfriend and it's ******* me off. But also, people are living longer and longer now and their spouse who they were legitimately in love with has just grown out of love over the years. Such a notion as 'growing out of love' is appalling to me, and had it been a few years ago I would have said 'that's ridiculous! Love is love! It doesn't just go away!' But, I've seen it with my own eyes. My parents are in a loveless marriage. It's been slow. They've been married for over 20 years. I hadn't realized it until three years prior. But more and more they fought. Everyday became a shouting match. And I couldn't help but think back to the days when I was a child and they were happy and together. They were the same people they always were, but their affection for one another just died. And so, that is why I am hesitant to believe in the idea of marriage.

Best Answer

Well, I can really see why that would be completely hard on you. I wouldn't doubt for a second that you're probably confused and wondering why they can't just get along and stay together for you but what would you rather have? Them staying in that marriage, fighting and hating each other as time goes on or have them split to find new love in their lives? Maybe it won't go as well as your parents would together and yes, it would take probably years for you to get used to the idea but you will feel better about it. I know it hurts now but..I mean you don't have to call your parent's new gf/bf's your parents right away or at all. Your choice, you know? You're not replacing anyone, they're not doing it because of you, nothing. It's just them and them alone. They still love you very much. Apart from this, don't execute love completely because of what they're doing. Love still exists, they just need to find someone new, someone else to be happy with. I'm sure if you gave them a chance, their new partners, you would be happy too. Plus, if you still live with them, you'll get to live at two places with a bunch of things in each room. That, would be awesome.

Best Answer

lol. I guess so. As strange and foreign it would be I'd actually prefer it if they separated. But, my mom told me straight to my face that she's only staying with my dad until his mom dies because he'll be getting a lot of money from her. So for now we're all living under this painfully awkward environment that's more like a jail cell. I feel like this conversation has taken a rather morbid turn, and can't help but feel like I'm just complaining to you about my life. lol. Sorry for that. You just intelligent have a different perspective other than my own so it's nice talking to you.

Best Answer

Oh..no..trust me, if you where irritating me, I would've already told you to get lost and I would've walked away. I'm talking to you because I know you need it most. I know that you probably need some sort of outlet to get all your frustrations out and I don't mind at all and speaking of frustrations, I can see where it's coming from. Your mom seems to be thinking about herself rather than thinking of everyone else getting caught in the middle. You and any of your siblings ( if you have any ) which is completely unfair. I mean, I get at first, money would make a big difference in things but in a way, it doesn't. She can save and for her to wait for your grandmother to die is just really, really wrong. Like that's basically saying that she's waiting for her husband's mom to die just to suck his valuables dry and throw him into more pain after his mom just died. I know it's kind of rude of me to make it sound like that but I'm only saying it because it's not right at all. It kinda seems, by the way you're saying it, that your parents are getting caught up and twisted into their own hate for each other and by this time they need to verbally one up one another just to feel somewhat justified, instead of looking at their own child. You seem to be the better person out of this entire situation, that's for sure.

Best Answer

lol. wow. A lot of that is fairly accurate considering you only know what I've spoken of. It is a bit sad, but I can actually understand my mom's side. She's a very practical person who doesn't get carried away with her emotions too much. My dad on the other hand is a 'live in the moment' kind of guy. So, he goes off and spends money like there's no tomorrow, saying 'oh but I needed this. I needed that.' He only sees his immediate gratification instead of the mortgage bills needing to get paid off. Combine that with the fact that the economy went to crap and he hasn't worked a steady job in years....and well, needless to say my mom has grown quite bitter over the years. My dad is also probably one of the most insensitive people I've ever met. So, when my mom is clearly stressed out from working a full shift(at Walmart no less) my dad comes up to her with all these problems he has about him needing new glasses, he needs money for gas, he broke his cell phone. He doesn't see anything past his own selfishness. So, actually my mom's rather cold-hearted attitude towards my dad, and his mom is quite justified really. I can't blame her. As their kid though it's still hard to see and hear.

Best Answer

Makes a ton of sense. Sorry for labeling your mom that way. Well..I guess you're right, taking his money away from him would make sense as well, since it seems that he'd only use it on himself. Might as well put it to good use. Honestly though, I think that you're mom shouldn't wait that long. I mean..I don't know you're grandma but it kinda seems like she'd be waiting around for awhile and that's really unfair to you.

Best Answer

haha yup. ^_^; It's such an awkward situation. I wish they'd just work it out themselves. It's their business since they're the ones who got together in the first place I think they should be able to get out of it without me having to get involved. Thank you for listening to me blather on and on. ^^ If you ever need someone to talk to about really anything I'm more than happy to return the favor. I shall be going to sleep now though since it's almost 3 in the morning. Ciao my unicorn friend!

Best Answer

:) no problem. It was nice chatting with you. BTW, I really like your gentleman Pikachu avatar :) I like it's mustache :)

Best Answer

Thank you. I enjoy your happy picture of you with ice cream. ^^

Best Answer

lol thanks :)

Best Answer

So what Exactly do you mean by true love? you said what its not but you didn't say what it is...

i have relatives that are still married because of responsibilities, some just because of chemistry or they grew together that they cant live without each other, others are faithful. still what we see is just on the surface. i dont think their love is perfect either, it has ups and downs and love IRL is different from the movies/fiction.

Best Answer

Yes but it's rare and difficult like finding a needle in a haystack. It's rather about timing I would say.Two people falling in love with each other at the same time.When this happens and it's justified and mature, it's beautiful.

Best Answer

I hope it does!

Best Answer

I've noticed that if something is allowed by the laws of physics, and you want something to emotionally change in you very badly, you will change.

It depends on the context. True love is a very complicated concept.

Best Answer

yes, it does exist. and so do all the things you listed. however there are other things as well that are part of it and that are not shown in the romance novels, namely, the dark side that each one has: moments of fear, anger, hurt, selfishness. these are all part of the human condition and if the couple is not wise or emotional balanced enough, they will end up destroying the relationship.

Best Answer

true, true. I actually think romance novels would be better without quite so much fluff, and a little more angst and grit. ^^

Best Answer

I would like to hope it does!

Best Answer

Its all good when you give it.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

If you work hard enough to sustain it.

Best Answer

Yes. It always has and always will.

Best Answer

Not since the Princess Bride.

Best Answer

Yes, it does. Proof -

Great grandparents remained married for over 60 years. Great grandfather remained with great grandmother even though she had alzheimer's.

Grandparents on both sides have stayed married for over 50 years.

Parents have been married for over 25 years.

None of the above had issues with unfaithfulness either.

Best Answer

-sigh- Well that's really wonderful for them. Truly. I applaud their success. I guess I'm depressed because my mom basically told me straight up that she would have divorced my dad already if not for the fact that when his mother dies he's getting a crap ton of money. -_-

Best Answer

Jeezus... thanks a lot Mom for destroying Hopes and Dreams...
I'm so sorry you had to hear that from her. True Love does exist. There are a lot of good answers here and they are all different, but one constant remains: Reciprocated from both parties, equally.

Best Answer

Yes, it takes two to make a relationship. I agree. lol. My hopes and dreams have been lost, but all these answers have given me much to think about. Thanks. ^^

Best Answer

I wouldn't let your mom's marriage impact your belief that true love exists. The world is fĂșcked up and the meaning of love has been corroded and perverted into an abomination of what it truly is..but there still is pure love out there..don't lose hope.

Best Answer

It has....... but its RARE!!

Best Answer