Im a user of heroin. and ive been trying to get pregnant. im completely prepared to stop if i get pregnant. i do not want to harm my baby. My nipples have been getting darker. My boobs havent noticeably got bigger. But my lower tummy has gotten harder. Like where my overys are located. ive researched but no website has answered this question. Does the use of heroin lower your white blood count. Because thats how home pregnancy test work. Please someone help me with this question. And please dont judge. im not a bad person. Please.
Addicted9 Addicted9 18-21, F 11 Answers Aug 8, 2012 in Addiction

I have no idea sorry. & I am not judging but I want to leave you with a little advice. It is better to quit before you get pregnant, because by the time you find out you are actually pregnant you may have exposed the fetus too much to heroin already. Just like how they say you should make sure you get enough folic acid if there is any possibility of becoming pregnant because by the time you find out if you haven't gotten enough it is already to late. Also, you may be mentally prepared to stop, but physically it will be traumatizing and not only to YOUR body but your babies developing body.

Best Answer

thank you very much for being so nice with your answer and nonjudgmental. i appreciate your answer. And i will listen to what your saying

Best Answer

Once pregnant, getting clean can kill the baby.<br />
I recommend you get medical help whether or not you are pregnant, and ESPECIALLY if you are.<br />
I recommend you go to rehab right away, in other words.<br />
Heroin does not lower WBC count, however, it can make adult-onset diabetes worse.

Best Answer

Why are you trying to get pregnant anyway? You're young, and from looking at your profile, very into having fun with lots of partners. Not necessarily ready to settle into parenthood.

Best Answer

i did not kno that could happen to me and my fiance. thank you for informing me. we have a lot to talk to our doctors about.

Best Answer

I want to say thank you for showing respect when answering my question. Most people as you may see are judgmental and unkind. but you where kind. and i got to say thank you for that.

Best Answer

Eh, addiction's a tough thing to conquer, and most people find when they quit that the reasons they started in the first place are there waiting on them...My best friend went through getting off heroin this spring, it was gawdawful :(

Best Answer

I think you should see a doctor BEFORE you plan on getting pregnant to make sure that you are as healthy as you possibly can be. Being pregnant can be extremely taxing on the body. My wife is pregnant but she started out as a very healthy woman to begin with so that our babies would have the best possible chance to go as long as they can and be healthy. I don't know what to tell you about heroin use.

Best Answer

i know that your right and i need to get healthy first. i just dont like facing the truth but thats why i posted this question so people would make me face the truth thank you.

Best Answer

Good luck to you. Being pregnant is taking a lot out of my wife. It is a happy time but a very stressful one. You want to be as healthy as possible going into this.

Best Answer

no..that doesn't change the test result,but 1 thing for sure,if u user of heroin,that might be affect u newborn baby health.please consult doctor for more detailed info.thanks

Best Answer

Thank you for takin the time to answer this question with out judgement. unlike some other answers people judged me. so i appreciate your kindness

Best Answer

You should go to a doctor. They will be able to say for sure. Sorry, I really don't know. Good luck. :)

Best Answer

Thank you for takin the time to answer this question showing respect for me with out judgement. your a very nice person and i appreciate you for answering

Best Answer

No problem, hun. :)

Best Answer