kchz336 kchz336 26-30, M 18 Answers May 4, 2012

Watching violent films and playing violent games has been known to provide a cathartic release for stress, although it also desensitises us to violence in general.

Best Answer

I think it has a lot to do with the nature of the kids personality. My son loves anything violent or monsterish on TV - but when it came to being in Karate he quit because he didn't like to hit the other kids and hurt them

Best Answer

tough to say... It seems awkward to say "violence entertains us"

Best Answer

I think that it can affect them but I don't think it makes violent per se. It probably does something to them that may or may not be obvious. However, if their parent were to talk to them about what they saw then I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

Best Answer

Yes. Media makes a huge impact or influence to people especially the little ones. As a Mass Communication graduate, we studied and observed how one react on a particular show. And my suggestion, always guide your kids on whatever shows they are watching not just on shows but also on all media. :)

Best Answer

I believe it desensitizes a Person. Plus they usually Glorify Violent acts.Young minds are very impressionable.

Best Answer

Do the po pe shi t in the woods ?

Best Answer

I don't think it helps . . .

Best Answer

only if you dont step up as a parent

Best Answer

exactly

Best Answer

I think it is an excuse, made by the same so called experts, who try to tell us how to raise our children, so they don't have to admit their approach failed. In fact, looking around, I would have to say failed miserably. Violence is a part of human nature just as compassion is. It is in how we are raised. And I've already covered that.<br />
Old fashioned spankings and grounding works better. If you are not happy with that answer then look into our past. Years ago there was far less of a percentage of extreme violence in children. You can say the population has grown. yes, but not 500-800 percent, or more.. When I was a kid, we had fist fights. We did not shoot each other. I mean it did happen but it was a very rare case. Today is is a normal happenning. <br />
Put the blame where it belongs. The parents do what they read or what the government says they have to do. All because of so called experts who really don't have a clue. Dr Spock, and no I'm not kidding it is a real person, started all these changes. His son committed suicide after he wrote the books and raised his son. I would have to say he missed something. But people still follow in his footstepe preaching the same garbage.

Best Answer

It can.

Best Answer