.. I called a place on the internet to see how much they charge to fix it and the guy said it is a $150.00 minimum charge to work on it. The chair was a present and only cost about $70.00 brand new.The reason I ask here is because whenever I use superglue on any repair 90 % of the time it does not work, and I was wondering if wood glue is the same.AND I tried fixing something on the interior of my car with plastic glue and even though I followed the directions exactly the glue failed miserably.
555calif 555calif 51-55, M 8 Answers May 17, 2012

Wood glue usually works much better than Super Glue on wood. If you want to get really fancy, drill a few matching holes of each side of the break and insert short wooden dowels into them, then put the pieces together. And if possible clamp the two pieces together until the glue dried.

Best Answer

Everybody's advice and information was noted and appreciated , thanks.

Best Answer

Yeah dowels if you want it to look perfect or if you don't want to muck around much and just want it fixed use screws... pre-drill as you said.. only small holes so the wood won't split and drive some screws in there to hold it...
The glue is probably not quite enough to make a lasting repair with out the screws...

Best Answer

Which part split? You may be better off just bending, cutting and drilling new wood to replace the broken piece because if it is a foot long fracture it will likely do it again. Gorilla glue is perfect if the split is manageable.

Best Answer

Wood glue works good....so will a two part epoxy.....it bonds hard in less than 5 minutes.

Best Answer

I would use wood glue for a wooden chair. If you used super glue pick it out the best you can. The main problem with the strength of the bond isn't the glue, it's the clamps. When you glue the chair back together make sure to keep as much pressure on the repair as possible without breaking the piece. Wood glue will actually dry stronger then most types of wood, so the wood would break next to the glue before the glue breaks on you.

Best Answer

OK thanks , I'm not rich and I have to do this right. Thanks again.

Best Answer

Gorilla Brand

Best Answer

Is that the best ? It must have worked for you.

Best Answer

I raise 5 kids in this house- it worked- the trick is in the clamping. Put wax paper under the clamps

Best Answer

So it won't scratch the wood I'm fixing ?

Best Answer

what kind of wood? Pine can be too soft for clamps/walnut no problem

Best Answer

I don't think it's pine. I went to Gorilla Brand website. It seems like it's pretty good.

Best Answer

I've never had any problems using wood glue ... used it three or four times in my life ..

Best Answer

OK , thanks , but did the wood you glued have a lot of stress on it ? And survived ?

Best Answer

The one item was the rocker of a rocking chair . Also; I've HEARD that this "Gorilla Glue" is suppose to be good and STRONG !

Best Answer