I believe that if paddling was legal in all fifty states their would be less trouble in this country

Best Answer

My county has pretty much banned the paddle and even the private school I went to, even though spanking was commonplace when I was there (my rear end can attest to that!) has now banned the paddle on campus

Best Answer

My high school had a paddle, but it was threatened more than it was actually used. It was about two feet long and six inches wide, made of some hardwood. It had about two dozen tiny holes drilled into it.<br />
I think I saw it used on some kid (always a boy) about twice a year through four years.<br />
When I was a sophomore in college a kid from the neighborhood told me that the paddle was forever banned by a new principal. The same principal also banned naked swimming by boys (only) in gym classes.

Best Answer