To keep a long story short I was attacked in the communal garden yesterday. I went to the police to give a statement but they said as it's a communal garden not a public right away they have little power, and go to landlord. My landlord says as the dog attacked me not a dog it's a police matter, not them. Just who do I go to? I want some sort of solution to me being bitten for no reason! Thanks
CorruptedAngel CorruptedAngel 22-25, F 9 Answers Apr 15 in Community

Your local arms dealer.

Best Answer

Well...the thought had crossed my mind. Skewering the mongrel on a broom handle was a thought, too!

Best Answer

Would you get in trouble for shooting the dog? If you can't kill it then have you tried calling Animal Control?

Best Answer

I'd be in trouble for possession of a firearm certainly but I do know places I could get hold of an air rifle or a quite easy. I tried animal control, but they said they only go out to incidents of a dog on dog attack and this was police because I was bitten.

Best Answer

Since nobody will listen, then I think the only option is to kill the dog. If the dog isn't killed, then it will kill someone real soon.

Best Answer

some times, to uphold justice you have to brake the law. O.o

Best Answer

who's dog was it?

Best Answer

Another resident's, He lives in another apartment a few doors away. He said the dog let itself out but dogs don't have thumbs!

Best Answer

Call animal control...that`s their job!

Best Answer

I did..they said it was a police matter. Someone's shirking somewhere!

Best Answer

Ok then here`s what you do...does the dog hang around your place often? If so,buy a whole box of chocolate flavored Ex-Lax and feed it to him,he will get the screaming ***** and make a mess all over the place, ,then the landlord will be forced to deal with it.

Best Answer

That is a thought. I want to be civil but it seems like I'm not going to get a solution by playing nice.

Best Answer

Look at it this way...maybe next time it`ll be a toddler that gets attacked..If that dog was in my neighborhood...it would be under 2 feet of dirt by now..

Best Answer

What you mean is you want to sue someone for everything the have, for a minor incident.

Best Answer

Not at all, money is the last thing I want. I want the dog rehomed with a resonsable owner before it kills someone's dog or someone.

Best Answer

Depends where you are?

Best Answer

South-West UK

Best Answer

Contact the local council for advice. You might want to speak with the chair of the garden committee. It's nothing to do with your landlord

Best Answer

well council is landlord. It's a council property that we rent. They said it's police but it seems not

Best Answer

Environmental health, rather than housing dept. Whoever manages the communal garden has responsibility. Try CAB too

Best Answer

So that would be Estate Management then. I'll certainly be writing a letter and seeing to it that action is taken. Just the advice I needed. Thankyou!

Best Answer

Yes, that's right. Welcome. Good luck! Get advice first though from the CAB and also environmental health.

Best Answer