I am 24 years old. I have been in a relationship for 3 years (engaged for 2 years). We have set the wedding date 3 times and I always am able to come up with a reason to post-pone. I love him with all my heart and he is so good to me. He has an 8 year old daughter who I just adore that lives with us full time. I just dont feel like I am a good mother figure for her. I feel like I could be doing more for her or doing something better for her. At about 14 I was diagnosed with Severe Depression and recently the doctors added Bipolar 2 (the same mood swings w/o a full mania). For as long as I can remember I have done this baby voice when I talk and I can't control it. My friends think its cute and so I just play it off. I work as a teacher and now my students and coworkers have brought it to my attention. Talked to the Dr. and waiting on referral for some counseling help.
Soccergrl028 Soccergrl028 22-25 3 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Personality Disorder

Do whatever is necessary to take care of your health. You are brave to seek help. Don't discount that. About your relationship, it's very normal to feel as you do. I married a man who had a 4 year old. Due to my family of origin I felt very afraid and incompetent about raising children. (I didn't have any of my own) However, I think you'll discover that because you love that child, you'll be an amazing parent. Just being there for them is the BEST! Listening, cradling, loving, and being available is so important. You'll know when and if you're ready for marriage. Don't push yourself into something. I would imagine that in therapy you'll discover things about yourself that will help you to make those decisions. I wish you ALL the BEST in everything! :-)

Best Answer

Try thinking, women, not girls just women.

Best Answer

Okay, about the kid. I'm assuming ever parent feel the same. Like they should do more for kids, or they are not adequate. No parent is fully confidient. And the wedding, maybe you don't feel comfortable with it ? Even though you love him. Maybe a wedding is not thing. Regardless in order to be a good parent and a wife you must take yourself to be there for them. So make sure you are okay and then you can make sure you can take care everything else.

Best Answer