Depends, some people are just not worth arguing with, and never if alcohol is involved.

Best Answer

my moto is swing first, i never lose that way

Best Answer

But, you can lose in certain situations.

Best Answer

hasnt happened yet

Best Answer

At this stage I might not return a single blow just to get my own back, but I'm very willing to fight to keep someone from harming me.

Best Answer

If it's someone who can actually hurt me, the odds are yes. <br />
If it's someone who is just having some sort of emotional and momentary craziness, then I'd probably try to disarm. My son has gone nutty a couple of times, and I have gotten physical...but generally only to help him get control of himself. <br />
This is a pertinent Q. There've been issues with him at school...he went after a teacher one day, pinching her hand until it bruised. I asked what she did during the episode to defend herself. Basically, nothing.

Best Answer

She understood it was your son's issues and knew it wouldn't do her or him any good to hurt him back. I understand your actions when he was out of control. I can tell you are a caring, attentive father. The best to you and your son.

Best Answer

Father??

Best Answer

Sorry about that Mom!!!

Best Answer

I agree. Survival of the fittest. Sometimes it's wiser to walk away, but it's human nature to fight back.

Best Answer

Yep, hit me first and you better start running.

Best Answer

Agree. I was taught never start one, but always finish one.

Best Answer

Me too. Much of the time it stops bullying in it's tracks.

Best Answer

Agreed, with some specifications.<br />
It depends who's attacking, how real the threat of injury is, and what you're doing to defend yourself.<br />
Bashing someone who hit you over the head with a ba<x>seball bat is obviously overkill, as is a man hitting a woman who slapped him. In short, common sense plays a big part.

Best Answer

I agree. Thoughtful answer!

Best Answer

Do what is necessary to protect yourself.

Best Answer

Being bullied back in school was a problem for me. There were too many; I took the blows but I never had a chance because of numbers and so it was more a token for me to have a go back than to 'defend' myself; I use the word 'defend' loosely, because there was always 'tomorrow' for them to get back at me. I think I am a bad example of what you ask here, but I came out of that *never* wanting to do what those had done to me, and that was to hurt people. I spent my life avoiding confrontation and, in the main, I have done a good job of it. Doing that didn't mean I was a sucker for anyone to have a go at; I learned other 'skills' that helped me forge my way ahead :)<br />
~F~

Best Answer

That's called, Emotional Intelligence. There is a best selling book about it written about 10 years ago. You've got emotional intelligence. It's wonderful to understand. I think it was written by Daniel Goreman, but I could be wrong about the writer's name. Google it.

Best Answer

Oh I will do that! Thanks for that good bit of info' :)

Best Answer

Yes. Most definitely.

Best Answer

Of course - Self defence

Best Answer

No, I'm quite happy to pop a master of brinksmanship on the nose.

Best Answer

only as long as it takes you to get to safety

Best Answer

Yes i agree.

Best Answer

agree

Best Answer

but of course!

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Depends on the situation...if you can resolve it before you have to hit anyone then that would be more desirable.

Best Answer

Depends on situation. If one hit no, I do not fight back. If say it was a boyfriend or guy intruder and I can run, I will run first as usually guys are bigger than me and me punching won't do shyte. If they keep swinging and I got no escape, then yes definitely and I will be fighting dirty!

Best Answer