Doesn't that event deserve more coverage in the media? Anything interesting happening in the local races where you live?
atadir atadir 51-55, M 9 Answers Sep 1, 2012 in Politics

For the moment, yes. But there's a group of Republicans who are trying to change the law and return the election of Senators to the State Houses instead of election by popular vote.

Best Answer

No, they are elected by the popular vote of the citizens of the states. This is a movement to return to the old way (prior to around 1915 I think) in which there is no popular vote for Senator, the party in the majority of the State House simply handpicks a party faithful and elects him/her Senator without any kind of voting by the people. Read your history and civics.

Best Answer

yes. all of the house of representatives, 435 of them. And about 1/3 of the 100 senators. But since these are more local things they do not get much news coverage. I think most people just vote for whatever political party they think they agree with, without knowing anything about who they are voting for.

Best Answer

I used to vote for people I knew nothing about. Not anymore. I vote for who I like and against those I don't. Races that I know neither candidate, I don't vote.

Best Answer

i used to do the same but i changed when on one election a dozen or so people were trying for 2 spots as judges and i knew nothing abotu them at all. after that i stopped voting for anything i did not understand or had heard nothing about.

Best Answer

Unfortunately we presently have a president that is showing an penchant for ignoring due process and overriding congress with presidential decrees ( executive orders ). I fear where this will lead if he is re elected.

Best Answer

It is not true! and so many here in the USA do not know how it works !

Best Answer

and they really do not care! you know you stuff!

Best Answer

Yea,

All voting happens at the same time of year.

From presidential votes to votes on local new dog permits

All take place on the same day I think

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

Every 4 yrs, President, All representatives and 1/3 of senators are voted on. 2 yrs later, all representatives and another 1/3 of Senators are voted on, etc.

Best Answer

Yes they do.

Best Answer