ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 26 Answers Dec 31, 2012 in Hobbies

I'm not sure every religion says so. But religions were invented to establish a form of social order, and in order to achieve that they instill guilt into individuals.

Best Answer

I'd semi-agree in their later years. In the beginnings, more just grasping to find answers for thing people didn't understand.

Best Answer

Superstition exist first, then religions grow into tyrannical power structures.

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer

Naked itself isn't bad. It's the ill intentions of man regarding nudity that makes it shameful.

Best Answer

Like evaporating sweat?

Best Answer

more like rape-hungry men.

Best Answer

Yes, you are right...no religion has ever prevented men from behaving badly towards women...or small children.

Best Answer

I used to like you until that ignorant comment. Look around yourself and see who is mostly showing flesh to entice the other sex, women or men. Even you seem to need to post an avatar that is suggestive as it poimnts out you are a woman and have breasts--but cleverly cut the photo off before anyone know just see too much.

Best Answer

Chipmunk, are you talking to me? Because if you are, I resent that comment. :( I don't post sexy avatars and I try never to "entice" anyone.

Best Answer

Nudity isn't bad. Society makes it bad. I am a Christian and I love God. I praise him everyday. At the same time I love being naked. People who go nude in public are just being themselves. Nudity itself isn't wrong it's what you while your naked that makes it wrong. Most of us at one point did have sex in public. Just because it felt good doesn't make it right. Nudity is supposed to be a beautiful thing and not abused. Yet I still don't find the offense in public nudity.

Best Answer

It's not bad, Ernie, after all, you have to bare your soul to God

Best Answer

Well nudity in my climate could be harmful.

Best Answer

Naked is bad? I didn't know that.

Best Answer

It shows we aren't all equal.

Best Answer

Idk. I like naked.

Best Answer

ME too, naked can be FUN too. but,....

Best Answer

It isn't, religion is

Best Answer

This is why I side with the dino people. I see it as flawed beyond repair. But, will not dislike people who have faith. Long as they let me stay out of it. :)

Best Answer

If we walked around naked, a lot of us would freeze to death. Those who didn't would probably be raped before we ever got to puberty.

Best Answer

Nature, which is not yet accepted as a religion, is the most civilized. What you think as naked, is actually a robe of the soul which we call as body.. and uncivilized ones are what we know as ghosts or spirits, which we scream as unsightly...

Best Answer

Idk.. Maybe it tempts people to.. se-... IDK. That's the first thing that came into my mind.

Best Answer

1. perverts<br />
2. body image issues<br />
3. weather

Best Answer

I know what you mean, clothes are not natural. God intended for us to be naked. <br />
Nudists; those guys are doing it right.

Best Answer

Naked as the truth is not a religious doctrine

Best Answer

Naked is not bad, only people that are against it are ones who are embarrassed to show themselves in public. I've got the whitest ugly body going and I don't care what others think. Nothing feels better than the warm sun against my bare skin.

Best Answer

idk, possibly mine, My daughter seems to think at times I was born old! lol

Best Answer

Because they were ashamed.

Best Answer

Of being your god's creations as originally intended?

Best Answer

No - not that, I forget just exactly how it goes... but of their nakedness (they had eaten from the tree of knowledge ya know. That kinda changed stuff ya know.

Best Answer

NO...tell us. God created us as dirty and nasty and needed to be covered and then got pissed when we ate from a tree and saw how nasty we are?

Best Answer

Yeah, something like that... Ya see God back in those days, was not as compassionate and understanding as today.

Best Answer

Oh, so that's why we have to wear them clothes. Mom kept trying to tell me some other reason.

Best Answer

The thought of nakedness is one of representing total vulnerability. Being naked is not bad, in and of itself, -- after all, we are all naked under our clothes! I also think that the idea of nakedness in public is to be a metaphor for a newborn baby -- with its total dependence on the care of others.

Best Answer