Scorpio1987 Scorpio1987 22-25, M 4 Answers Jun 16, 2012

And then, while explaining how accepting they are, say something racist?

Best Answer

Haha. You know the drill. :-)
"I have like FOUR black friends. Now you tell me that I'm racist..."
You mean to tell me you keep count? Hahaha...

Best Answer

the truth is everyone is a little bit racist, if your the one type of person who is not you should be a zen monk.

Best Answer

true, but not everyone might be aware of it. some people might have a subconscious thing aginst some group/race and not even know about it. while it might be nothing major its just the thing that affects them.

Best Answer

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you there. If you've traveled and lived in different parts of the world I'm sure you would find that there are people out there who would just accept you for who you are, regardless of the colour of your skin. Like zen monks for example. Lol.

Best Answer

I can agree with having a preference to a degree. But if I'm really honest, I think when it comes to race we can compare this to simple things such as preferring blondes to brunettes, or preferring coffee to tea. I think we are over simplifying things if we do that. And personally, I would go as far as to say that having such a thing as preference is discriminatory as you would dismiss one over another without even getting to know that person. just my opinion.

Best Answer

Isn't "preference" just a polite way of saying, "I don't really like your type of people? I think that's what it boils down to.

Best Answer

kurokineko - Well said buddy. A "subconscious thing against some group/race". That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Where does this idea of preference come from. It probably comes from cultural stereotypes that we hold based on what we see in the media, and our limited life experiences. One guy once said that he was attracted to white women because that is what he saw in **** films. I'm sure it's much more complicated than that but I think he haad a point. Media has a great impact on how we view ourselves as well as others.

Best Answer