Wiltingflower Wiltingflower 36-40, F 6 Answers Jun 3 in Community

Definitely

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Anxiety sucks. Was just talking to my partner about it. Hit me once in a crowded college cafeteria, I had to up and out of there to a quiet place where I could breath. Do you have ways of calming the anxiety when it comes?

Best Answer

I need to have water...to calm the severe chest pains...and then go sit somewhere quietly for a few seconds...

Best Answer

Okay! That's a good system. If it helps you keep at it. So many people have anxiety these days, you know? We're all stressed and strained and can't deal.

Best Answer

It's true...thanks Hun...;)

Best Answer

Yes, especially when I am trying to fall asleep. the shortness of breath and chest pain comes on. ugh.

Best Answer

I know your pain very well.

Best Answer

There is no appropriate time. :(

Best Answer

I know...especially when there has been worse situations that you have dealt with like a trooper!

Then for no real apparent reason...it rears it's ugly head...in place where you sooooo don't freakin need it!

Best Answer

Yeah like at the DMV.

Best Answer

What's that?

Best Answer

Umm where you go to get your driver's license.

Best Answer

Lol...yes.

I coped mine in the freakin Family court room ....thank a God I had an attentive lawyer...

He knew I did not want a scene and he briskly got up and fetched me water...and walked me out...he went back in and waited for our turn...while I found a quiet place to sort myself out!

Best Answer

Good lawyer. The water thing helps me too, but not enough.

Best Answer

Ohhhh...I need it! Unless I get it straight away....the pain escalates into a panic attack!

All good though...my lawyer was real gentleman...he also bought me a cup of coffee when all was done....:)

Best Answer

Caffeine probably doesn't help the anxiety :)

Best Answer

What do you do...to calm yourself?

Best Answer

I know...but I got a weak one...decaf.

Best Answer

I don't really have a good answer for this. I have a bad habit of checking my pulse rate obsessively, which can either calm me down or make things worse. If it's mild I just suffer through it and if it's bad I end up curling up on the floor in front of the television.

Best Answer

As long as have water...then I try to not give it too much attention...that usually helps calm the physical affects...maybe try not to focus on your pulse...that would surely drive you deeper....;)

Best Answer

I have to reassure myself that my body is working properly when I start to feel bad or I'll freak out and call 9-1-1. :)

Best Answer

Unless you have any underlying health issues....you will be fine!

I used to be like you...I have called an ambulance many times thinking I was having a heart attack...only to find it was thanks to damn Anxiety!

I was so sick of doing that...and embarrassed of being told this...so I worked really hard in finding a way to deal with it as quick as I can....

Hopefully that happens for you too my friend...;)

Best Answer

Glad you found a way to beat it. Gives me hope :)

Best Answer