HakujitsuSeiten HakujitsuSeiten 18-21, F 12 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Health

Yes, and sometimes that lack of feeling is very peaceful.

Best Answer

they feel it but they have learned to bury it deep inside to where no one can see

Best Answer

Yuppppp. Like being being desensitized :/ the feeling is gone. What's better though. To feel nothing at all. Or feel the hurt?..

Best Answer

i used to choose pain, but i think emptiness is just so much better.

Best Answer

Isn't that kind of painful in a way, though? It always was to me. I was always torturing myself about the fact that I didn't feel anything, or agonizing over the fact that life had started to seem really flavorless. Pain always finds a way, though -- and it rarely takes the form you expect.

Best Answer

I am comfortably numb.

Best Answer

well that explains a lot because I cut myself to the bone at work twice and all I felt was the slicers blade vibration hitting my bone once was wy fault because i was transporting razors in my pockets. I never seen so much blood in my life lol. But I figure like anything we get use to the pain, harden up.

Best Answer

Apathy or anhedonia are much worse than the pain from my experience. When you are in a great deal of pain you may wish to reach that unfeeling state for a moments relief. If you manage to do that then I advise you to leave off that place quickly for in the long-term it is much worse.

Best Answer

i have a past of hurt (hurting myself) and depression,i was a mess.a couple years ago i sort of just let it go .i start being ok .laughing again ,showing intrest in being human again.but my thing is... sinds this time i dont feel pain anymore.i start to notice when i pierce myself (use to do it as a profesion) or when i got tattoos done(5hour sessions) .this week i went to the dentist for drilling teeth and it hit me i dont feel pain anymore.i still feel touch and i dont think i suppres it or bury it .i just dont feel it anymore ,maybe a person can had to much pain so it shuts off,but to be honnest it makes me fear ,what else i dont feel anymore. i still feel emotions and compassion.somethimes i feel sad and somethimes sad movies or songs make me cry.i dot know if this is a problem or not ,and yes id rather feel pain than nothing at all.but was wondering if anyone has the same .

Best Answer

Yes, I believe that's true, however, those same people may not be able to experience pleasure as well, which is really unfortunate!

Best Answer