intermsofwhat intermsofwhat 18-21, F 9 Answers Oct 13, 2012 in Community

I was always taught to look people in the eye when speaking to them because it the respectful thing to do! When someone doesn't look me in the eye when talking to me I wonder what they are hiding!

Best Answer

I never trust someone who can't look me in the eye while talking to me. I'm not staring them down or hoping for them to do so, it's a sign of respect and open honesty.

Best Answer

Very rude

Best Answer

Yes, makes you wonder what they are hiding

Best Answer

Some are just shy

Best Answer

Unless they are on the Autism spectrum and have "face avoidance", then yes, it bothers me. I even try to catch a person's eyes when they are speaking. It almost seems as though people are embarrassed to look someone in the eye!

Best Answer

In many cultures looking directly at someone, you know, like eye contact...is actually considered rude!... and for those individuals that are shy or have had more than their fair share of scolding or lectures...they too, may not look at you the whole time, but it doesn't always mean they are being rude...they're just listening carefully to what you are saying... Some people are rude, also...not necessarily though...

Best Answer

Ah, something to think about! Thanks. :)

Best Answer

I work with a shy woman and when I go to her office to ask her a question she stares right at my crotch while she is talking to me...it is very un-nerving. I think I might walk in there one day with my fly down and see what she has to say to that.

Best Answer