They are trying to make Sea World close the exhibit, when everyone was told NOT to pick up the trays-Their kid made a mistake- that's why you have to follow directions- some directions are there for your safety! It's not the Dolphins or parks fault.
Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 5 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Travel

The world's full of idiot parents

Best Answer

I think they are a little bit silly about it. <br />
I'm sorry the kid got bitten, but she was holding the tray where she shouldn't have, and it seems to me her parents should have been paying attention to that. After all, they do know dolphins have teeth....and intelligent and friendly as they are, they are also animals. <br />
I was at a petting zoo a month or so ago, and I got nipped by a zebra. Should I have complained and put it on the news? No. When you interact with animals, you can't predict what they are going to do. I believe the Sea World people acted in good faith and had no idea the incident would occur. And I think the dolphin wasn't to blame either. It was a mistake, and the only wrongs I saw were that the child wasn't following the safety instructions, and the parents weren't making sure she did.

Best Answer

Great answer!

Best Answer

exactly- the parents should have been keeping a better eye on her- and made sure she understood the directions before she fed them.

Best Answer

Yes. If you look at the video, you can see the girl was having a good time and not really paying attention. And I think the dolphin deserves a pat for being so quick to let her go. Dolphin teeth are quite sharp, and if it had wanted to, it could have done some real damage. As it is, the girl will probably end up with some interesting little scars with a cool story behind them.

Best Answer

They are stupid, wouldn't be surprised if one of them is an attorney.

Best Answer

I can't decide which is more pathetic . . . the parents or the national news media for thinking this was actually national news worthy . . . hmmm . . .

Best Answer