“Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
AdamInChains AdamInChains 41-45, M 12 Answers Jul 31, 2012

I'm afraid it does, this is why some religions are aghast at those of us that respect animals, the earth and want to be part of the planet, not ruling over it.

Best Answer

Yes because it is the greed of mankind and the twisting of God's message that has lead people to harm the planet. Man is suppose to be ruler over all animals and nature but not to harm but to protect and preserve so future generations can share in the planet also..

Best Answer

I have heard that verse used to explain why destroying the environment's ok.

Too, the millenialist Christians believe that God will be making a new heaven and earth soon, so it doesn't matter that we're trashing this one.

They are like a spoiled teenager with a rich dad.

"Well, if we wreck this Earth Daddy God will just get us a new one!"

Best Answer

Yes it is ... In a nut shell... Republicans who are generally against nature conservation and also Judeo-Christian sometimes cite scripture such as this one in response to why they don't think nature conservation is important... I literally have read this, experienced it in my family and in college, and online. Scary!

Best Answer

You are adding to this to make it appear to be saying something else. Why can't you liberals just stop monkeying around and editing things to change their meaning? I know you folks have a gene thaat does not allow you to see or speak the truth, but changing the Bible and even 911 calls to the Police? You're not worth even answering the question since it is based on a false premise.

Best Answer

Upsetty? I have not changed a letter. Look it up in your favourite book, first chapter. I have not even implied what or how it explains. You went all the way on your own assumptions, mate.

Best Answer

Would you rather Monkeys rule us? I think we should work WITH nature but certain aspects of nature must be subdued in order for there to be coexistence.

Best Answer

With all due respect, we are the Monkeys you warn against.

Best Answer

Humans are not monkeys..that's why we're called humans and monkeys are called monkeys.

Best Answer