soulrunher soulrunher 41-45, F 17 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Hobbies

Most Preppers That I have seen posting on the internet have it wrong (IMO). There is more to preparing than learning how to protect you and your own.

Yes, you need to know how to survive but you also must learn how to be valuable to others. Maybe a skill that will be useful or having knowledge to share. Those that hole up in fortress and forsake others my survive for the short term but in the end they will be shunned and thought of as crazies. The people that they refused to participate with will in turn ignore them.

Be prepared but a big part of preparing is learning how to be of help to those around you. Take CERT training, it is about helping.

One of the first things we were taught in CERT was that to be able to help, first you (and you family) must survive and be safe. Then you can help but do your best to stay safe while you do it.. Put out the effort to help but don't risk your own safety to do it.

If you're not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Don't turn your back on those in need.

Best Answer

That is good advice, thanks for commenting.

Best Answer

why would anyone want to live through doomsday i heard it's hell on earth

Best Answer

A couple of us have wondered that. I can just imagine how bored my kids would be then!!

Best Answer

That's true I don't think people think about that

Best Answer

I always figured I just need to be better with a gun than they are. That way if it happens I can just rob one of them.

Best Answer

My bf thinks it may happen. I don't. But since he has made me a survival bag also, I go along with it just to make him happy.

Best Answer

Nice, nothing wrong with that!

Best Answer

I don't know why anyone wants to survive if the world is going to be sooooo terrible after doomsday. I don't.

Best Answer

Yea, I thought about that too. Spooky!

Best Answer

I have prepared some, but it isn't my whole life.

Best Answer

Cool. Good for you.

Best Answer

I have never seen the show but can imagine. You should have food water available for your family in the event of storms etc. Good idea to have flashlight extra blanket in car in winter. Have first aid kit if you need it. Keep gas in your car in case you have to go some where in a hurry but the other stuff is nuts bomb shelter etc

Best Answer

Yes, I am not prepared for anything! Im bad about that.

Best Answer

better safe than sorry? idk, i don't believe in doomsday prophecies.

Best Answer

Yea, I think they prepare for any disaster...

Best Answer

Real "Doomsday Preppers" would have been prepared since the Cold War. Nuclear shelter and tinned food etc.

Best Answer

Some are pretty prepared. It's impressive, in a strange way..

Best Answer

Well they'll be the ones laughing when the rest of us look like the scene at the beginning of Terminator 2.

Best Answer

I think most of them prep so much that they forget to live today and that is sad

Best Answer

So true, it takes so much time to do all they do, makes you wonder if they are in to anything else.

Best Answer

Somehow the title read as Doomsday Peppers on my small BBerry screen! I was very intrigued as I'm about to graduate up from jalapenos to something more hotter on my nachos this weekend. Family party. Made me laugh.

Best Answer

LOLOL

Best Answer

I think u could start a line of hot sauce or something with a name like that!

Best Answer

Wackos...

Best Answer

Define "Doomsday Prepper"

Best Answer

There is a show on National Geographic. Thats the name.

Best Answer