Don't you love how depression and drinking go so well together? *sarcastic laugh* (This is my first time blogging or anything of the sort) I am confused, drinking, and depressed. I am trying to decide if enough is enough. Should I just break-up and start all over again?? I am just in need of advice or a friendly stranger to talk to. Anyone up for the challenge?
SummerFallsAutumnLeaves SummerFallsAutumnLeaves 26-30, F 10 Answers May 31, 2010

I'll take a stab at it if thats O.K. with you. Older male, very married and been there and done that a little.

Best Answer

I have sent you a message, awaiting a reply.

Best Answer

Lenny from the Simpsons once said "nothing like a depressant to chase away the blues".

Drinking will make you more depressed. I'm online now, and if you message me I'll write back now or the next time I'm on.

Advice: put down the drink RIGHT NOW! : )

Best Answer

I wouldn't go so far as to say PUT DOWN YOUR DRINK. But I will say that it sounds like I've been in a similar situation and my experience was being depressed and drinking or doing other mood altering substances alone was very very bad. However surrounded by friends and intimates, enjoying a few adult beverages really made it easier to put things behind me. Notice I said "a couple" and "while I was with friends" because those meant, for me, the difference between getting over things and sinking deeper into sadness and despair. P.S. I realized after reading this that I kind of missed what I was trying to say. What helped me the most were my friends and family, nothing alcoholic or chemical. They are the ones that gave me reason to get up and keep going each and every day. And eventually time wounds all heels so as incredible as it seems now, it will go away.

Best Answer

I wish that I had friends to turn to, but I don't that is why I am turning to strangers. I just moved to another state, and I know no one here. I have struggled with alcohol problems in the past and it may be a mistake but now I am turning back to that old friend that helped ease the pain. This will not be an on going thing, I am just trying to figure out if I should stay or go...and I am trying to numb some of the pain in the process.

Best Answer

Have you stopped to ask yourself what you really want? All drinking, confusion, depression aside. Take this time alone to determine what you want. I doubt it is the three things above!

I have been there, done that so many times, I know what you feel. Telling you to put down the drink is laughable. If I'm going to suggest what not to do, I must come up with an alternative.

If you want friends, as we all do, EP is a great place to start.

Take care!

Best Answer

Take it from an old manic depressive, booze is good for a short time but you need to find something else to focus on. I'm lucky I have my kids and grandchildren, my art and books. Find you. Bsically kid I'm willing to listen but you need to help you as well.

Best Answer

Perfect combination! Especially if you are on meds at the same time...

Best Answer

would you like to tell me more about your depression?

Best Answer

Give yourself a break, enjoy your buz, and decide to make no decisions until tomorrow. Otherwise it's just a waiste of a good buzz and a bad decision.

Best Answer