I drink two protein shakes a day, sometimes one. Is there a difference in nutrition between powdered, beans and nut protein in comparison to meat protein? Am trying to lose a few pounds and I was told protein is very important in my diet for building muscle, but I'm not losing any weight. I walk and run, I don't understand. What am I doing wrong? :(
everythingnew everythingnew 31-35, F 9 Answers May 24, 2012

If you are putting in to many calories no matter what type they are, they will be converted into fat. If you really want to lose weight, eat a well balanced diet of 3 meals, the largest being breakfast, and NO Snack foods after dinner !<br />
Cut out sugar in most ways that you can with out being an inconvenience. So No soda pop, or fizzy drinks or what ever you call it. <br />
And then NO fried foods.<br />
That plus your exercise will have you slimming down.<br />
Packing in massive amounts of Protein is just loading calories.

Best Answer

I believe you'll have a lot of gas if you're eating too much protein. I'd say that if you're drinking two protein shakes per day that you should reduce the other protein in your diet. Fruits, veggies and grains are also important.

Best Answer

You have to count calories too.

Best Answer

I don't think so, you're body tends to get rid of extra protein.. it's carbs, sugar, and refined white flour you should watch out for...

Best Answer

I am.

Best Answer

good - then you should lose fat :-)

Best Answer

The old forumula of taking in less calories than you burn should help too... Don't worry so much about protein unless you're working out alot - building muscle will help you lose weight too! but be careful...

Best Answer

Are you gay or something?

Best Answer

No, am not. I just use that name to stand out. Are you gonna answer the question or not?

Best Answer

I don't think introducing extra protein is going to help you lose weight it might help you gain muscle, or gain fat if you don't exercise. Im trying to lose a few pounds right now myself and I have just been consuming pretty much 100% of my daily protein requirements and staying under 25 grams of fat and 1,200 calories. Ive been doing a lot of cardio and weight training and seems to be working pretty well so far!

Best Answer

I hate weight training, that's why I work out out doors.

Best Answer

Yeah I personally prefer cardio and swimming, but I have been doing a consistent weight training regiment for the first time ever recently and im pretty pleased so far.

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

Too much protein is bad for you. Eat everything in moderation.

Best Answer

PROTEIN SHAKES YOU SAY....<br />
;)

Best Answer