Kayakker Kayakker 46-50, M 13 Answers Aug 28, 2012 in Community

No. This has already happened in Florida. 98% passed the test, but it cost you, the taxpayer, millions of dollars to pay for the tests. And you know each time you test someone who passes, they get a minimum $30 in return, which ended up costing Florida another $100,000 just to pay those who passed the test. <br />
You only saved $60,000 from the 2% that passed. Simple math says $60,000 - the millions you payed to test them and the $100,000 to pay those who passed = It's not worth it. <br />
It's a bad idea, people need to stop going on about it.

Best Answer

Nice facts... current topic where I live...

Best Answer

How about community work? Add a panalty to the non takers and see what happens.

Best Answer

A penalty for what? Being poor? For being nothing more than a product of their environments? There's very little they can do to get off welfare at the moment. The middle class are having a hard enough time keeping their jobs, let alone the people on the poverty line being able to get a job that will support a standard living condition.

Best Answer

And the government officials

Best Answer

good comment, what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Best Answer

thought we do that now with voting lol...

Best Answer

Drug tests cost money. Why bother wasting it on pushing around welfare recipients?

Best Answer

Thanks but I like my stuff so don't want to see it stolen from crap theories like this one.

Best Answer

guess your living where Im living Kayakker :o)

Best Answer

could be Lou... NZ

Best Answer

OK, so it is not plausible to do the tests, but some (a small percentage) need to be brought into line with society. Surely there is some system that woul;d work.

Best Answer

yes drug test. they are asking for help on someone else's dime. someone who probably had to take a drug test to earn that dime. and no 1, 2, 3....first strike should cause loss of benefits for a long period of time. <br />
i have been on welfare and i would have gladly taken a drug test.

Best Answer

I think too many people spend too much time worrying about what others do with handouts, most people don't want to live on hand outs and for the small percentage who do let them be I reckon.

Best Answer