I feel less attractive and I feel my illness may have contributed to my marrage problems.
suzannemae suzannemae 36-40, F 12 Answers Aug 29, 2013 in Struggles

doubt it......makes you easier to catch

Best Answer

Ha ha you brought a real smile to me. Thanks😂

Best Answer

I wouldn't think so. Get a real pretty walking stick so you feel more stylish

Best Answer

Yet it is. Thanks

Best Answer

No if your attractive i would ogle you it would probably draw my attention to you and if u are a looker wouldnt matter to me be happy to ogle you

Best Answer

That's a thought maybe I should make the stick really noticeable, like florescent.

Best Answer

When I used a standard aluminum cane, I painted it and wrapped ribbon around it. I did the same with my first walker. Now I have a blue folding cane that fits in the saddlebag of our Harley. I also use a rollator walker that has a seat. I have Harley and other biker decals plastered all over the seat. Present yourself in a way that projects confidence and style/attitude. I encounter a LOT of bias here, but chuck it off. New Mobility is a good magazine to read and there is a book called Enabling Romance. Disabled people encounter the same relationship issues as non-disabled, but we just have to work harder at ours. Above all, don't give up! And yes, having a wry sense of humor helps! :-)

Best Answer

Amazingly, as an overweight woman who uses a cane, walker, and electric scooters while shopping, I get propositioned more now than before I became mobility impaired. There are dating communities which cater to disabled people, but the bottom line is who you are on the inside is what makes you attractive to a man. Any guy with a working brain <br />
will be able to see past your <br />
assistive technology.

Best Answer

If I wasn't married I would want to hang out where you go cause it sounds cool. Do you think its also down to confidence as I practically try to be invisible when I'm out.

Best Answer

nope. :)<br />
Body doesnt matter but the inner beauty does ;)

Best Answer

Lets hope I get the inner beauty right or else I'm really buggered. Joking aside thanks.

Best Answer

not real men

Best Answer

I clearly don't bump into real men or maybe its not the stick but my face that's the problem. Now I think about it the stick is particularly attractive and does seem to get all the attention....*****!

Best Answer

it's attitude and how you feel about yourself, I find women that think they're attractive to be attractive

Best Answer

Right I have a date with a mirror to practice feeling more attractive. Cheap date anyway.

Best Answer

you're sweet

Best Answer

it shuldnt and if it does theyre idiots hun

Best Answer

Thanks your right.

Best Answer

Body massage can make you feel better. Let me know if I can be of service. I live in bay area of California. I know what points to push more to relieve your pain and you can get rid of walking stick forever.

Best Answer