I'm fine if I've seen someone at least a few times- unless I really like them, and then the shaking and such will continue a few times more :/. I have been more outgoing in college, and even started a club and started talking more in classes. I talk to people at church. Please don't say, "Just be yourself". I AM myself, it's the nerves I need trouble soothing!
HungryLikeThe HungryLikeThe 22-25, F 10 Answers Sep 8, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

practice...........start small with the weather & such.......people aren't that scary .......most of em are nervous too

Best Answer

Not be yourself/ Be civilized when you first meet someone . Like do what a polite person would do. Slowly the yourself side will come out as you get more comfortable

Best Answer

Remember second contact with this girl at uni, and I stood there with nothing to say, feeling like an idiot. Couldn't think of a single thing to say, like the whole universe was void of conversation topics. I had just turned 19. I guess it was ok, because we're still together.

Best Answer

When two people have a kinda unspoken connection, maybe it can overcome things like that. Maybe we aren't as stuck as we think we are... Or maybe you are an extremely lucky guy, ha!

Best Answer

Long way back. I can talk to anyone now. And you're right, we can talk, but often an exchanged glance across the room can tell an entire story.

Best Answer

For your fears, just ask yourself "and then what?". So you meet a new person...and then what? You could say something stupid...and then what? They could laugh at you...and then what? You could be embarrassed....and then what? They could see you shaking...and then what? Most often you'll find your mind has blown fear out of all proportion to anything that matters.

Best Answer

I'm the same way with girls, my advice would be to just try to clear your mind and breathe, relax and gather your thoughts. Even practice with a friend or to a mirror what you want to say, being prepared could never hurt.

Best Answer