I definitely think that the best approach would be to up the time on the treadmill. It's usually a more difficult form of exercise but provides more weight loss than the elliptical over an extended period of time. Also, you might try adding ankle and/or wrist weights to lose even more. Good luck! :)

Best Answer

Thanks. How do you make the workout on the treadmill feel like you've gotten a good workout? I don't seem to feel like I've worked out hard enough if I'm not sweating like crazy with a shirt that is soaked through and through.

Best Answer

No problem. :) Does your treadmill have an incline option? If so, that's one of the best ways to get an effective workout. Mixing cardio with muscle usage has been proven to burn more fat at a quicker rate than cardio alone, which is the primary method of both the treadmill and elliptical. Are you weight training at least once a week as well? Personally I have a small frame and shied away from using weights, but lifting dumbbells or using ankle weights during my workout every now and again made a huge difference and I didn't get bulky or anything. The more muscle you have, the more efficiently your body is able to burn fat.

Best Answer

Yes, the treadmill has an incline. I set it to random so it automatically changes while I workout. I have it set for random while I'm on the elliptical too. This week I've used the treadmill to get used to it...to change things up. Tomorrow, I'm going to end the week with most of the time on the elliptical, but end on the treadmill. I like the cooldown better on the treadmill. I lift weights at least twice a week. I tend to focus on my upper body since I seem to do well with the lower body when I do the cardio....but I will do some lower body stuff too.

Best Answer