i had a dalmation with a high eq once, had no book smarts but he knew what was going on....

Best Answer

Yes. I'm reading a copy right now. <br />
Very good book actually. :)<br />
And more to the Q...I've known people who have degrees of emotional intelligence, or who were quite good at dealing with certain types of people, but not necessarily across the board.<br />
I think that there is another aspect of emotional intelligence that is very important, though not mentioned. It's the ability to recognize and deal with emotions in oneself.

Best Answer

I agree with your observation. It is true with me.

Best Answer

Read on in the book my dear. 'Emotional Intelligence' is recognized in oneself as well. It's part of the description of having it, but as you mentioned, there are people who can be E.I., but don't realize it,so it's not as beneficial,
but these people are not as successful but easily could be. They often consider themselves just lucky.

Best Answer

I think that there are levels of emotional intelligence (just as in intellectual intelligence) and you can train yourself to reach a higher level. After reading the book as recommended by my therapist, I became much more aware of how to develop it in myself. There are a number of people that I know, mostly women, who have a high degree. <br />
I have used it to solve emotional battles that have become legal issues.

Best Answer

yeah me, sadly lacking in a lot of people, or if they do have it they use it in a manipulative way

Best Answer

Emotionally Ignant! But savvy enough to sound out what I am reading. Oh! Yes my lips move too....

Best Answer

spelled ignorant. Have your eyes move on to a dictionary. lol!

Best Answer

Lol that was deliberately done darling.....

Best Answer

Put simply, empathy. <br />
A rare and precious trait that may or may not lie innate in everyone.<br />
The absolute aspect is it cannot be learnt from books or teachers and those that possess it cannot pass their wisdom on............sadly.

Best Answer

Empathy is only a part of it. Google it. If you have it even to a degree, you'll be more successful in life, emotionally, socially, in your work and every other area of your life. It's a gift.

Best Answer

I think emotional intelligence can be used in good or bad ways much the same as intellectual intelligence

Best Answer

I am only referring to the positive, google it. It's not about being manipulative.

Best Answer

cheers ive read a couple of articles recently but apprecuate the advice

Best Answer

YWelcome

Best Answer