Whether is was "emotional neglect" or not isn't really the issue. Putting a name on your feelings is dangerous, as you will carry it with you a long, long time. I would have a talk with your parents..(now, don't wait till it's too late) tell them all you've said here. Listen to them, really listen, then LET IT GO. Otherwise you are sentencing yourself to a lifetime of pain and the feelings you describe in your question. Good luck...you can do it.

Best Answer

thanks :) I asked the question because some teacher told me I was emotional neglected. Just curious.. I have had a lot of labels put on me, so I'm not inclined to just take it for real

Best Answer

Good for you! Labels are destructive in every sense of the word. You will be fine..good head on your young shoulders...(you already knew the answer to your question too!) :)

Best Answer

thanks, you actually made me feel a lot better :) I just really don't want to end up as a 40-year-old who can't do anything and never talks about her past..

Best Answer

Oh honey, that will never happen!!! I am sure of it..take care of you!)

Best Answer

Yes you were- you need real connection and love to heal. Stop the guilt.

Best Answer

The "label" you want to put on past crap really doesn't matter. At all.<br />
People felt miserable inside and were struggling to make ends meet and you were part of this swampy paddle.<br />
Can you pull yourself up from this and be successful no matter what?<br />
And if you will - will you help others to pull themselves up?<br />
These two questions defines a multibillion dollar industry and you have perfect resume to play a big role in it.<br />
Be all you can be! :)

Best Answer

there's no doubt I will get up, just want to understand my past, but no doubt

Best Answer

Our (and yours included) past is a bottomless pit. The more you dig - the deeper it will become. That's what psychiatrists are doing and society is more miserable than ever.
Skip this part. And jump directly to the solution. Regardless of anything - see if you can manage to make yourself to feel emotionally better regardless of anything. Just a little bit. Every day. Then every hour.

Best Answer

I will and I am, thank you so much :)

Best Answer

Yep, it was. My cousin has an older brother who is autistic but they somehow managed to raise them both equally as great. They both go to UCLA now.

Best Answer

Sounds like it to me. Sometimes we have to give ourselves what we wish other people could give us. Love yourself, you certainly deserve it

Best Answer