Good question while I know most will say emotional I think I will go with physical you can and will survive the emotional may not be easy and some hurst to your very soul and can mess with you for along time but physical can stop your emotions your movement and your life. I lost my soul mate my husband to death and watched many suffer for me it has to be Physical.

Best Answer

Surprised and relieved to see someone else feels that way too! Physical pain flies in the face of reason, and there is no working through it the way you can with emotions. I'm sorry you've had to see these things, Goahead. I hope things have gotten better for you.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Emotional pain is infinitely worse than physical pain.

Best Answer

I've had a bit of both in my time so I'm going to choose emotional pain because when you are in alot of physical pain it tends to drag you down so you can end up with both and that's especially when nobody understands how much pain you are in and there is an ******* of a doc who is lax with the drugs.

Best Answer

I have suffered from both, I prefer emotional pain as I have more control over it. I have felt the ultimate physical pain that even medication doesnt touch the sides of. I still deal with the physical pain on a daily basis, I take meds for it. Its not as bad as it was 6 months ago.

Best Answer

So happy it is getting better for you. Hope it continues!

Best Answer

Both sucks! But emotional pain sucks. I have to say. I suffer from it every day and I don't know how to make it stop.

Best Answer

Break the cycle! It can be enormously difficult to do, but if you can, try to do something different than you would on an average day. You have to get your mind out of the vicious round robin we can so easily fall into when we are unhappy.

Read a book by a Holocaust survivor. Probably sounds crazy, but it may help you see that by comparison, life could certainly be worse. Much, much worse. More importantly, it will reveal amazing acts of kindness, salvation and heroism, enacted by people who had absolutely no onus upon them to behave so. The human spirit is an astounding thing. Hopefully, seeing it at its best (and its worse) may pull you out of the funk you're in. Please let me know how you fare... I'd like to know when/how you start feeling better. Meanwhile, I will keep you in my prayers, LuciaRose.

Best Answer

I deal with both right now, and serously, I just stay grateful. Grateful because its all about life.<br />
Emotional pain is something we choose for ourselves. If yu are talking about emotional pain someone inflicts onto you, One cannot inflict pain without you accepting it.<br />
My emotional pain is loss of someone I loved in death. I cannot say your pain. Only you know.<br />
Physical pain is not welcome. But yet, it is there. I just deal iwth it. Not with morphine, but with <br />
ibuprophen. No thanks to drugs like your talking about, as it is too destructifve.

Best Answer

There actually are drugs that don't have destructive qualities. Like weed. Morphine and ibuprofen differ little on that count, but one works better than the other. It would be a shame to see someone suffer because they believe a medication has worse effects than it it truly has. Tylenol is more destructive than morphine by a long shot, but big Pharm isn't going to admit it.

I'm not sure I agree about emotional pain being a choice. Most people don't have it in them to cut themselves off from the influence of others to that extent. Which is a good thing.

We are meant to suffer, a philosophy we see in most belief systems, from Buddhism to Christianity. It brings the wisdom of empathy, and without that our own humanity dies of malnutrition. Be grateful, too, that your physical pain can be handled with just ibuprofen. Until I was hit by a truck I never understood the enormous levels of pain people can cope with, day in and day out. I'd already had Fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy, which are only aggravated by the injuries caused by the accident. You seem very level headed, and that will help you probably more than anything else!

Best Answer

Both suck !! but I think I would rather deal with physical pain on a daily basis

Best Answer

I don't want to choose. Both are bad enough. With the difference that you can take a pill from the physical pain.<br />
But I want neither.

Best Answer

pills are not effective for some physical pain.

Best Answer

true...

Best Answer

both but if I have to choose well it's Emotional pain because you can't sleep, eat, enjoy and do the things you do properly

Best Answer

possibly the same with physical pain as well tho...like a bad back can do those to you... :(

Best Answer

Emotional pain is worse.

Best Answer

i suffer from both x(

Best Answer

yeah me too, it sucks! but just a part of life i guess...i could certainly go without tho!! lol

Best Answer

ya....me 2

Best Answer

Pain meds are overrated. Morphine works to an extent, but nothing can take the pain away to the point that I am a normal functioning person. I hope I don't offend, but I would advise against taking that kind of medicine for a non physical pain. No matter how deep you bury it, it will always claw its way to the surface. You'll have to deal sooner or later, and sometimes later results in stunting your own personal growth. Weed helps on both counts!

Best Answer

Neither are much fun. But I'd take the emotional any day. I find my crazy emotions are actually more manageable than relentless physical pain that meds barely touch.

Best Answer

physical pain

Best Answer

I would say emotional, i wish i could turn off my mind sometimes

Best Answer

you can always do something about physical pain, see a doctor etc , but emotional pain is sightless, and only you know you're suffering.

Best Answer