nice profit for yourself and recoup all of your development costs by charging $1800 for a course of treatment. There are chemotherapy drugs that cost many times that amount, and you know if you wanted to you could charge many times that amount and still get insurance companies to pay for your treatment. Where do you set the price for your drug?
CartoonishSuperVillainy CartoonishSuperVillainy 36-40, M 6 Answers Jan 29 in Community

LOL..... Enough said, it's a corporation we're talking about who used public grants to develop the product via R&D assistance at public universities..... The "you" is the living corporation who will patent or buy the patent to manufacture the drug at 200-500% gross margin in the states and only 10-50% margin in counties with regulations..... Not the answer any of us who live in the States wants to here but, that's the way it works.... Your tax dollars pay the University systems for the R&D and the corporations swoop in to screw all of us over..... Don't get me started on Medicare, Medicaid, and Obama Care. Our system is completely broken due to lack of regulation.

Best Answer

ahaa! you thought you put one by me there. it's not a drug but instead it's a virus and since there is no mention of an antivirus to stop the virus from mutating and completely gobbling up healthy cells, that 1800 dollars is about enough for a weekend with two hookers in a cheap hotel room. Where it is you'll be hiding when that patient shows up in zombie rags growing a third arm from the middle of his belly button. Although, it would be a handy place to stuff an extra hand down your own pants if that happened. I don't know. 128.47 sounds about right.

Best Answer

In this case the antivirus would be a lack of a hormone called telomerase, which is in much higher concentrations in cancer cells than in regular cells, and this virus would be designed so that it was incapable of producing its own telomerase and without the ability to harvest it from living cancer cells it would be shed from the body.

Best Answer

To stabilize the virus in a non thermally acquiescent environment for later use some form of pseudo telomerase would need to be present to keep it boiactive. It doesn't sound cheap and probably would need to be synthesised at the use site if it were even possible. The margins too slim and the expertise of administration would make it cost many thousands per patient per use. It sounds plausable, just very very improbable unless you could design a portable machine to make it.

Best Answer

All excellent points. Nonetheless I still have this idea on my bucket list of projects I hope to work on before I die. The hope -for now- is to derive the virus by genetically modifying an influenza virus and cultivating it in swine neoplasm cultures. Hopefully the ability of an influenza virus to survive freezing would simplify transport and storage.

Best Answer

This is all very preliminary and there's plenty of time to consider modifications.

Best Answer

I guess that would mean I have the power over life and death.....get your check book ready

Best Answer