My friend everything comes from God and none else. Therefore you are nothing but God. You are a facet that is the totallity of God. We all are. If one wants to worship Godself then its ok. If not then that's ok too. It's all just God playing with God in all areas of Gods imagination. Enjoy the trip. Namaste...

Best Answer

That's one of the most sensible religious answers I've ever heard!
I only say "one of the most" because I'm just diplomatic like that! :) I don't really want to start a whole new argument about who is a better theist.

Best Answer

We don't need to worship "God"..... "God" doesn't need.

Best Answer

I was watching a movie call Mooz Lum. In the movie the college profession ask the students question concerning the reason why your worship? Did you parents take you to church? Were you parents of a certain faith? We all have ideas of God. We want god to exist. Our acknowledgement of how imbalance this life is cries out for a greater power to be out there so the injustices in the world can be punished. I was reared to acknowledge a higher power. God!

Best Answer

because he created me! and i owe him a lot!

Best Answer

But even so, why worship God for creating you? Besides, there's infinite numbers of planets and beings out there. Why would God even care if we worshipped him?

Best Answer

Why do you owe him anything? DID you ask him to create you? Truth is you are only grateful and convinced you owe God something because someone behind a pulpit told you that is how you should feel. I had my kids but that does not mean I expect them to spend their lives worshiping me and thanking me for it. Only selfish emotionally abusive mentally unstable parents expect their kids to make their whole lives revolve around them. Supposedly God is the Father, sounds like he has issues

Best Answer

Sorry Uncertainty, but I agree with Lotus!

Best Answer

i respect whatever beliefs you all have. but this is my own belief. Nobody told me to do so. Not my mother or father or the priest or lady gaga. God gave me free will and i chose to worship him... Even if i told you a million reasons why i worship him, you won't understand me because you have your own belief...

Best Answer

I believed in God when I was a kid because I was born into the Christian religion, but now being older and less naive I knew what I was actually put in to. I became suicidal at the age of 13 and when I got out of it I thought why would a God that I love and worship all my life, allow me to try and kill myself without doing something. Ever since then, I wanted nothing to do with a God that would just watch me suffer in silence.

Best Answer

Who else would you worship trees

Best Answer

The idea exists whether you like it or not. You may choose to worship it my way: as an important piece of history in human thinking. You may choose to worship it many other ways and you may choose not to worship it in any way it that makes more sense for you. I would avoid judging anyone by how they relate themselves to this idea, though.

Best Answer

Because God is brilliant. And he wants us to be brilliant too.

Best Answer

God is the producer and we are his product, every product produce is for the service of the producer, remember it is writing all things are made for his pleasure.

Best Answer

Cause God is a loving patient caring murdering hateful jealous angry egotistical douche bag who tells people in a book that they should worship him cause duh he says so! And his worshipers know if they do not worship him they will burn forever in horrible torment. SO they had better listen and worship him, or else. Worship of God is all ba<x>sed on fear, but those who do so are so brainwashed with how loving and wonderful their religious leaders say God is they barely realize that fear is what is really ruling their lives.

Best Answer

People say God is lovely, but then what is with that 'you will burn in a pit of fire if you do not waste your life cooing over me!!' all about?! Shouldn't God just let us get on with our lives?

Best Answer

HE IS THE SOURCE of all GOODNESS and perfection, worshiping and obeying HIM aligns one with GOODNESS ITSELF and causes us to become increasingly perfect and our energy to manifest as ever increasing and unfolding blessings, or in short, because HE IS worthy.<br />
And life is valuable beyond reckoning and death is not a cessation of existence but an existence without vitality, health, peace, love, rest, hope, wholesomeness, joy, value, and all the things that make existence useful and desirable.

Best Answer

Maybe if I knew why life is so valuable, I might at least partially agree with you. So, why IS life so valuable "beyond reckoning"? Or are you just spewing up what your parents and a 2000-year-old book written by strangers tell you?

Best Answer

My parents are not believers to this day, the scriptures were written over a very long period of time, fitting seamlessly together as they were inspired by GODs specific instruction, the latest of which was recorded a little less than 2000 years ago. I am not "spewing" anything, I am offering the factual instructions for obtaining eternal life to those of my earthly neighbors who will listen and I am speaking from personal experience. In order to fully understand the value of life you need to know what life is. Life is not just existence, life is power. Without that power all that remains is weakness and torment. The universe is energy, the realms beyond this universe are also made up of a form of power. When one is on a compatible frequency as their surroundings they can thrive, when one has a much lower frequency they are seared and torn by the higher energy of their surroundings. One can sink or swim, in order to swim one must have high energy, we are like plug-in gadgets, we cannot generate this energy on our own, it must be given to us from THE SOURCE. Life is valuable because the alternative to having life (=energy) is being utterly bankrupt and in a continual state of weakness uselessness and torment. People often view their time and circumstances in this world as unfavorable, and it often is, but this world is not the sum of life itself, it is just a situation and which will soon be past, it is a testing period and a window of opportunity to adjust and prepare ourselves to stop running on a temporary low voltage battery and plug directly into THE HIGHEST SOURCE of power and live in a state of continual rest, satisfying purpose and well being as we were indented to.

Best Answer

My parents are not believers to this day, the scriptures were written over a very long period of time, fitting seamlessly together as they were inspired by GODs specific instruction, the latest of which was recorded a little less than 2000 years ago. I am not "spewing" anything, I am offering the factual instructions for obtaining eternal life to those of my earthly neighbors who will listen and I am speaking from personal experience. In order to fully understand the value of life you need to know what life is. Life is not just existence, life is power. Without that power all that remains is weakness and torment. The universe is energy, the realms beyond this universe are also made up of a form of power. When one is on a compatible frequency as their surroundings they can thrive, when one has a much lower frequency they are seared and torn by the higher energy of their surroundings. One can sink or swim, in order to swim one must have high energy, we are like plug-in gadgets, we cannot generate this energy on our own, it must be given to us from THE SOURCE. Life is valuable because the alternative to having life (=energy) is being utterly bankrupt and in a continual state of weakness uselessness and torment. People often view their time and circumstances in this world as unfavorable, and it often is, but this world is not the sum of life itself, it is just a situation which will soon be past, it is a testing period and a window of opportunity to adjust and prepare ourselves to stop running on a temporary low voltage battery and plug directly into THE HIGHEST SOURCE of power and live in a state of continual rest, satisfying purpose and well being as we were indented to.

Best Answer

Just in case there is something rather than nothing...

Best Answer

But why worship what might be nothing? And even if it is something, why worship it? If God really does exist and does "love" us, shouldn't he just let us get on with our lives, rather than wasting them on our knees?

Best Answer

I guess that thought requires a definition of the term worship. For me that means devotedly following the path I believe is set for me, having faith in a power greater than myself who guides me even if I can't see the purpose, and conversing in what is commonly known as prayer. I do not believe that prayer happens in a position but in a state of mind. My God does expect me to get on with my life and to do it with love. Brief definition for a complicated concept but there you go...

Best Answer

Time spent on my knees before THE LORD is never a waste, it is a time of deep love and reassurance and also a time of refreshing and recharging. It only magnifies my potential and satisfaction, never detracts from it. You are hostile toward our ways because you do not understand them and you do not understand them because you have been deceived by those who hate you.

Best Answer

Time spent on my knees (the physical position does not matter, only the position of your heart) before THE LORD is never a waste, it is a time of deep love and reassurance and also a time of refreshing and recharging. It only magnifies my potential and satisfaction, never detracts from it. You are hostile toward our ways because you do not understand them and you do not understand them because you have been deceived by those who hate you.

Best Answer

Dear Katerina, <br />
Let's think about your very good question. It concerns two ideas, both rather difficult and abstract, God and worship. Most people think they know what they mean when they use these terms, but is that really true? Do you? Let's consider worship. If you wonder how and why that might be used in one's relationship with "God," that implies you know what worship is. Do you? Then maybe you can tell us what worship is and what sort of things ARE appropriate ob<x>jects of worship. If we can determine what the appropriate things are to worship, we might be able to say whether "God" should be worshipped. Problem is, do we really know what we're talking about? Maybe not. Do you worship anything? If so, why and how? What qualities elicit you veneration? How does your worship express itself? Once we try that little exercise, we might talk about "God." Does "God" possess any of the qualities or features of the things we do think are appropriate ob<x>jects of worship? If so, then wouldn't "God" be worthy of worship also?

Best Answer

Personally, I don't think there is anything worthy of worship, not really. Hence why I have absolutely no idea what makes something worthy of worship! I asked my question whilst thinking about how I've seen theists "worshipping" (being grateful for, looking up to and feeling somewhat inferior to) their God.
And now that you mention it, I'm really not entirely sure what worship is. When I hear that word, praying and praising come to mind.
And by "God", I mean the Islamic/Christian/Jewish etc. creator of everything.

Best Answer

I don't think being a creator of something/someone makes you worthy of worship, though. If I had children, I wouldn't expect them to bow at my feet, but I'd want them to look up to me. I guess theists find God worthy of worship because they look up to God.

Best Answer

So you're a bit torn between saying (a) nothing is worth worship, and (b) you don't know what worship is, or what would count as worship. That's where any thinking you would do would need to start.

Best Answer

True!

Best Answer

If God can destroy Evil, but chooses not to.. then God is Malevolent.<br />
If God cannot destroy Evil, then God is not Omnipotent.<br />
Neither would be worthy of worship.

Best Answer

So sick of hearing that. Free will is why there is evil, GOD IS going to cleanse it away someday but be glad its not today and repent of doing, thinking and saying (like you just did) evil things while you still can and then give thanks for HIS patience.

Best Answer

Ah, I don't think so.

Best Answer

That still doesn't change the fact that God, if he exists, is malevolent. You even say that he is able to destroy evil, but chooses not to.
And why would God be angry at either Wayswin or me for expressing our views? If anything, I'd expect God to be amused (if the rather suspicious anthropomorphisis of God really is accurate, which it almost certainly is not.).
And anyway, if God is all-knowing, why does he care about us, and why were we made? If he already knows what's going to happen to us, why bother?

Best Answer

katerina, If GOD was as you say HE should be then you would be complaining a lot more than you already are. People make their own messes and they are allowed to continue for a while in the hope that they will eventually use their free wills to choose the right path someday. GOD knows many will refuse to do what is right no matter how long their lives are but HE still gives them the chance anyway. Basically those who choose to be unfair and wicked will always be complaining no matter what they get so there would be no point of altering anything on their account, but GOD IS already perfect and HIS ways are just, so no need for or possibility of change anyway. And wayswin, you DO think so and that is why you are fighting it and running from it, and no matter how you run and how you fight and how heated your emotions and resentment get, you are headed for the inevitable and dreaded confirmation that what I said is true. Deep inside you know it, and that is why you are so filled with venomous sarcasm for the truth (it is pointless to deny it, I will not be fooled). Rather then persisting in the wrong path, you should stop and consider the certain-to-lose 'gamble' you are taking before you throw yourself away completely. Even if people think you are clever here in this life for opposing the truth and they pat you on the back, it won't save you from the coals you are heaping up for yourself in the time of judgment, and we WILL all be judged. I hope you will think very carefully and repent, admitting you are wrong and accepting the facts is a sign of wisdom, not defeat, defeat is stubbornly clinging to insolent fantasies.

Best Answer

I disagree.... I usually don't care enough to volley against a wall, but their might be someone in the audience who will benefit.... I do not believe that your God exists.... and more to the point, I do believe that clinging to the belief in such a god in order to bridge the gaps in your understanding of the true nature of the universe detrimental to the individual and to society as a whole... You did let slip the "Time of Judgment" item.... I'm guess that you are a Christian from this... where as the big pay-off comes at the end of the world. Please, I do not want you people in any power, any where in the world... You have no reason to want to conserve/preserve any part of the planet... because it is going to end anyway in your view... AND... you guys keep the termoil going in those parts of the world where the bible says the last battles will begin.... People like that are screwing up the world... and that's the only reason why I'm vocal about this stuff... otherwise, I'd let you just wear your Nikes and drink your Kool Aid in private.

Best Answer

n ones askin u to worship him they just ask u to belive so i dont no wat ur on about

Best Answer

I'm talking about how many people tell you to pray to God and love God. Do you ask me to believe? *fists up* This'll be fun!! &gt;:D

Best Answer

God is not worthy of worship.

Best Answer