The mental drain of not much to do is very hard.
TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 10 Answers Jun 10 in Hobbies

poor child ......i think she's delirious?!

Best Answer

lol, I will be soooo glad to start my new job next week. I have been out of work for the past month. I NEED to work for more than just money.

Best Answer

i've heard of your kind.......never seen one close up though ;-)

Best Answer

lol. do we act strange to you?

Best Answer

Then you need to meet my mother LOL :/ She is and never will stay home! When she's not working she will be marking accountancy exam papers , etc, or take on new clients , and she never does anything fun , because to her...work is fun! :0

Best Answer

aww, that makes me tear up....Hugs to you kiddo

Best Answer

Work is fun but not the only fun. I think people need a balance. When I work I want time off and when I have to much time off I want work. I need that balance.

Best Answer

That's how I feel about summer. That's why I'm trying to get am internship at the math department of UCF. I'm actually on my way now to get some information. I don't want to go to UCF, but it's something to do this summer and hey, math!

Best Answer

Get math anywhere you can get math. You are going to do great in life.

Best Answer

I looooove math x3

Best Answer

I love programming. I understand the addiction.

Best Answer

:D programming is fun! What languages?

Best Answer

I do all kind. asp.net, vb.net, C#. Classic ASP, SQL, Java C++, c, html. You name it and I will figure out how to code it.

Best Answer

I know AS3, some Java and C, HTML (more of scripting than code), LUA, BASIC, and a touch of others here and there.

Best Answer

With your mind you will be able to pick up on them. By the time you get out of college there will be someone new and different. Right now both Java and C# is really big.

Best Answer

I would if my laptop worked =.=

Best Answer

You can download free compilers too.

Best Answer

I know. Just not for mobile xD

Best Answer

Yea, not for mobile. You need a laptop or desktop.

Best Answer

I hear you unemployed/self employed since 2004 at times the boredom makes me long for a job then I look at peak hour traffic and the longing disappears!

Best Answer

lol, I see that traffic too and so dread going back to work. I do not want to go but I have to go. Besides if I do not work I do have have income.

Best Answer

I'm lucky I buy salvage vehicles online have them repaired and sell them, it is small scale and keeps the wolf from the door and prevents me fighting traffic most of the time!

Best Answer

All one needs is a basic living. Anything more than that is unnecessary in my view.

Best Answer

No I disagree financial abundance allows you to do so many things, you may have thought was unattainable, I suffered a major financial setback, losing an entire property portfolio and now I have scrape by, before that.I was doing exciting property projects in new and exciting places, I miss that, but believe. Will get back there or at least die trying!

Best Answer

I hope you all your hearts desire. To me money is only good for what I need to help others along this path we call life.

Best Answer

You need a little piece of land with a small house and a pond. Maybe a hobby would be nice like wood working something completely different from your day job. I been retire 14 years this fall and always find something to do. Even sometimes nothing to do is nice.

Best Answer

I would do that when I am fully retired and have retirement income. I just want to work for now.

Best Answer

not having the independence of relying on yourself at times can be depressive. You have to depend on others instead of yourself. It can at times make you feel useless.

Best Answer

I do not know how I could live like that. I don't think I could.

Best Answer

Life is tough lol

Best Answer

Yes very tough. To not work is to hard for me. Next week I will get to go to my new job though.

Best Answer

That's good. Are you excited about it??

Best Answer

Yes and no. I am excited that I have a new chalance in my life but not because of learning a new system and getting to know new people. There is always that little bit of fear that I will not fit in.

Best Answer

You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Best Answer

I think so too. It looked like a good place to work.

Best Answer

thats a good point, not working is boring, and i cant really volunteer cause even that takes money, buses, lunch, etc

Best Answer

It does take money. It seems like if you volunteer they would at least pay for your buss and lunch.

Best Answer

Because we have hobbies that we could do all day :D

Best Answer

HObbies are good but not for all day every day week after week month after month.

Best Answer

How do you think I feel? :/ Uni is out till September and I work only evenings so here I am trying to think of cool and interesting things to do... and I also have no idea how people don't like working ... what do these people even do! :0

Best Answer

I have no clue what they do. My mind has to be entertained by doing something.

Best Answer

I took up knitting... Daytime TV is so boring , I'm even getting some work experience for my degree which means I'll never be home to suffer the consequences of a free dayyyy :)

Best Answer

knitting??? I would die if I did that. Pure torture. I have tried it.

Best Answer

haha!! :) No I kinda like it... it's creative and fun... anything creative is good for me! Though I'm not very good yet... lol

Best Answer

As long as you enjoy it and get something out of it. I know it would do nothing for me.

Best Answer

i invested long ago

Best Answer

I like to watch them every now and then. I bought a couple of them a few weeks ago so it it will take time to see if I make the right choice.

Best Answer