Ever hear of live and learn??????? And who says I can't be right the first time???????
lanacat lanacat 18-21, F 14 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Family Struggles

My mother ALWAYS assigns an opposing position to my own. It seems like some sick game she relishes. She complained through the decades about my siblings, but never comes down on them, only me, each time something happens within the construct of my family. My viewpoint is always wrong when I have a set position about something my siblings do, even if it's something she has complained over herself in the past. It is a never-ever-ending game to her.

Best Answer

You'll be out of there soon enough, then you'll never have to deal with the old hag again if you don't want to!

Best Answer

Best Answer

To answer the question...the "sense of being an adult" is not for her...but for you...just stay focused on being mature and not be too "full of yourself" as you progress...lol...[mostly all moms mean well]....

Best Answer

so you can move out.

Best Answer

Maybe you need a moment of clarity... Go outside & be w/ nature? People tend to create problems & complicate things!

Best Answer

I hate to break it to you, but your mom sounds like a Narcissist. A Narcissist is someone who is controlling, manipulative and always right in their own world, even when they are clearly wrong. If your mom fits this desc<x>ription, then she probably has the run of your life in every aspect, from dictating which people to date, how to talk/act/eat/dress, your body image, career path down to how you address her or share family 'secrets.' <br />
If your mom constantly invalidates your POV or the truth then wise up and realize that you could be 14, 19, 29 or 40 and she will never treat you with respect or like an adult. These type of mothers are top trouble and they are psychologically abusive. Your mom exerts and thrives off of controlling you by making you doubt yourself, the truth and reality. She will undercut you at every turn to keep you dependent on her version of the world as she sees it. What you described above is the classic type of mom who will gaslight her child into emotional/mental and spiritual dependency just to keep her own sense of worth.<br />
Beware and as soon as you are 18 move out of the house. Her controlling behavior will only get worse the older you are.

Best Answer

the day i gave birth to my son i got a free ticket that says your moms always right live with it. Hang in their kid youll always earn your ticket.

Best Answer

Examples?

Best Answer

There are always people like that - it means she isn't very confident but she is saying it anyway. Just don't argue, do your own thing when you can and don't worry what she thinks.

Best Answer

Thanks!!

Best Answer