How did you deal with it?
hadyourchance hadyourchance 31-35, F 26 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Perhaps everyone has been betrayed by their closest friend to some extent or another; however, I'll never forget the shock and realization of having been TOTALLY played an fooled. I came home to dark house one evening and found my wife had left and taken my kids away, and filed for divorce. Phone bills showed how she planned the getaway for days leading up to it. I was totally oblivious and naive. This happened a very long time ago, and the whole story is even longer, but to be treated like that, to be completely betrayed by someone you trusted was something I don't think anyone can be prepared for. It took me a while to heal, but I'm glad it happened since it forced me to look at other people through different lenses and accept the fact that not everyone is going to treat you the way you treat them.

Best Answer

Ouch

Best Answer

I never let people get that close anymore.

Best Answer

Don't think I will either.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

sad but true, only way to survive.....

Best Answer

Yes, a person who met in the second grade and grew up with betrayed me. I never kept score with the various business deals between us, but when it became apparent that he was taking advantage of me , I asked him to settle up our mutual debts. He stalled for years and then sent me a bill for double what I owed. I suggested to him that the only fair way to settle this mutual debt was to agree that we would close out each others outstanding debts and call it even. He quicky agreed to this settlement as it was to his advantage. I just wanted to end our friendship and I wanted no reason to ever see him again. I guess he based our friendship on money, his loss. Now I try to remember the words of "Tony Montana", "never under estimate the other guy's greed."

Best Answer

When I was a teenager, my best friend did. When I was grown I chose a different best friend and 33 years, later, she's still my friend. But I learned a way of being guarded that has never quite left me.

Best Answer

Yes I have she is married o my ex husband. Need I say more? I knew her from 3rd grade. I dont have that many close friends anymore, and all but 2 of them are men!!!

Best Answer

Probably not completely betrayed, but forever and unfixably hurt would be pretty accurate. I am more careful now.

Best Answer

He completely stabbed me in the back and when I saw him the next day he said, "How ya doing?" He was staying at my house and I kicked his *** out - that's how I'm doing!

Best Answer

I once had what I thought was a friend at this horrible day spa I work for. I made a mistake by going out with a creepy guy who a supervisor. We didn't go out for long, true to form the creep, thats right his name was Paul, started coming after my job, and my girlfriend behind my back. I was so upset when I found out, but I stuck my ground and told him to go get ****** and called in the union etc. He couldn't touch me, eventually found a better job and got the hell out of there. I learnt how nasty women can be, even women bosses just moles. Clarissa the dog friend, resigned and left as soon as I found out. What a putana. He just used her aswell and he was such a stud (NOT) retarted bastard.

Best Answer

I took the time to communicate about it and understood the mistake as did they in the end. The fact we worked it out demonstrated the friendship was real.

Best Answer

Communication does help but only if both parties are willing.

Best Answer

That helps determine a friend or enemy.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer.

Best Answer

Yep.. I don't have friends ..:-) x

Best Answer

Yes. Eventually led to divorce.

Best Answer

yes, have had that happen

Best Answer

Yes, I go drinking.

Best Answer

i am my closet friend and my worse enemy

Best Answer