I did last year...they could barely get a pulse, and I felt sick for three days. argh, I will never give blood again.
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 19 Answers May 7, 2009

It's the reason why I cannot give blood or get a blood test. I WILL faint.

Best Answer

Oddly, it has never bothered me. Even more odd is the fact that I think it is cool to watch the bag fill up...oh, sorry, that probably wasn't very considerate of me...my apologies to those who just passed out...

Best Answer

This was so weird, but I have given blood about ten times now. Last night I donated and felt fine as usual. I left the clinic and waited for the streetcar, still fine. I got on, and had to stand and it was pretty packed. I instantly started feeling not so hot. I started sweating, I was nautious, my ears were ringing, I was very weak, barely able to hold onto the bar or stand, and I could tell by the people looking at me that I looked awful. As soon as I got off the streetcar into the clean air, I was fine again. Guaranteed though, had I stayed on I would have passed out. I'm not sure why exactly? I will ask next donation and see what they think.

Best Answer

Ya. I passed out and woke up screaming.

Best Answer

I have, I donated blood and when they bandaged my arm, they told me to hold my arm up in the air. I got really dizzy really fast and passed out. I woke up to everyone talking about how unaturally pale I was...

Best Answer

No, and I've never even passed out. There are so many times I wish I could have; I've even PRAYED to pass out, I've had kidney stones three times, was in an accident and had to have 146 stitches, and was anemic for a while and had to get blood, and I can watch a needle go in, I can endure horrible pain, I can look at blood being drawn or see myself bleeding, but I can not pass out!!

www.myshepherdess.com

Best Answer

First time: In the milatary and we could give blood and not have to do excersise for two days. I went gave the blood,went to sit up some yelled "He is white (I am caucausian). Than I awoke on a bed with a beautifull nurse taking care of me for the next two hours.

Second time: Blood test to get married, my future wife stayed in the room while they took my blood, I did not watch. When it was her turn trying to be a real man I decided to stay. They said as soon as the needle hit her arm I turned white and hit the floor. I awoke in a chair in the waiting room.

Third time: Giving blood to the blood bank. The thing that holds the bag to fill came loose and ripped the whole thing right out of my arm. I awoke 30 minuets later with them trying to make me more comfortable and several others who were trying not to laugh.

Fourth time: Giving blood again (they like my blood). I told the nurse that I can not see the needle or the tube so please put a towel over so I will not pass out. She did, but than she came back over to check how I was doing and lifted the towel quickly I saw the whole thing and came around after they had finnished, cleaned me up and taped my arm. They led me to the waiting room where someone sat with me till I was good to go 30 minutes later.

I give blood about every eight weeks and just recently got my 7 gallon award. I still can not look at it but do not faint so easly anymore.

Best Answer

Well I wasn't giving blood, I was getting some blood tests done. The girl was new and once she inserted the needle in my arm she couldn't find the vein so she started wiggling the needle and the feeling wasn't painful but just odd and foreign so I started sweating cold, turning green and nauseous...she freaks and gives me a little bowl to throw up in and goes to get the doctor. I didn't pass out but that was the closest I've been.

Best Answer

yes I sold my plasma because we were out of food, and I wanted my kids to eat, and they pay you for each time you donate, your allowed 2 times weekly and after 3 times in twoo weeks I passed out because I hadn't eaten and was saving the food for the kids, I woke up and someone gave me 20 dollars and we ate good that week

Best Answer

Hmmm......almost. It was a very interesting experience. The first time that I gave blood and then stood up to leave there was a rushing sound in my head and I started feeling all swimmy. It felt kinda cool actually. They made me sit down and drink some juice ande the feeling went away quite quickly.

Best Answer

almost. i was sick for days after. it was horrifying.

Best Answer

Ha, a friend of mine forced me to donate blood once. I'm not scared of needles or blood so much... but I sure don't like getting stuck with things or losing blood, either. I got really lightheaded... I didn't think it was obvious but apparently it was... one of the ladies on the Blood Bus ran up and cracked one of those awful smelling sulfur things in my nose. ick. Definitely felt alert after that...

Best Answer

I've given blood but have never passed out. However, I almost fell off the table from being really dizzy. That would have sucked.

Best Answer

No. I have no problem with needles at all and in fact love to give blood. I love watching the blood spurt up into the tube and begin to fill. HOWEVER... I do remember a time when I had my ears pierced and my mum went to take them out and I noticed a small amount of blood on her finger from my earring. I went dizzy and passed out for a brief few seconds and came to a and threw up all in her lap. lol. Needless to say I've never had my ears pierced since.

Best Answer

I've given blood more than 25 times and have never passed out.

Best Answer

I haven't personally, but yesterday at school a student gave blood and she passed out. she was carried out in a wheelchair and it turns out she had a miscarriage!

Best Answer