Manorkill1 Manorkill1 56-60, M 9 Answers Sep 21, 2013 in Community

I think it's fair to ask lol<br />
Once my partners sister was telling me all about her wealthy boyfriends house, at which point I interrupted her and said, do you mean his parents house? She didn't like it much but it was true, nothing worse than people who haven't even created their own wealthy trying to lord it over you as if its an achievement on their part.

Best Answer

Mmmm... I know the type.

Best Answer

Great Point Greenman!

Best Answer

I have had someone tell me he works hard and deserves everything he has. Well then how can he weigh...oohhh about 30kg overweight??.He actually sits on his arse in his home office and thinks it is hard work!!!.

Best Answer

All the rich people I know did work hard for what they achieved. they were enterprising, and to an extent, lucky. I must also say that every single one of them lived very frugally, too.

Best Answer

They may have worked hard and shown due diligence, but I'm betting they didn't do it alone. Yeah. and all the rich people I know are cheapskates too... but in a fun way. When they can get their name on a plaque at the Center for the Arts where I work, they give big, but they'll stiff a hard-working waitress on a tip.

Best Answer

I'm sure it's happened online many times. I tend not to fight that temptation very hard.

Best Answer

Me too, but in real life it can be awkward in social gatherings... like the Rotary Club.

Best Answer

I wouldn't doubt it. That said, rich people tend to avoid the company of people like me, and the one and only problem I have with that is that I can see how they tend to come to believe the things they do, living in their bubble and all.

Best Answer

There's a TV show I like, "Undercover Boss" where they put CEOs of big companies in one of the stores or shops they get rich off of, and it's funny as hell watching them do everything from unplugging nasty drains to cleaning grease traps on their hands and knees etc. They always end up giving the poor bastards who make them rich a big bonus or something, and cry a lot at the end when everybody's figured out who they are. Damned humbling experience I would imagine.

Best Answer

Holy ****, that actually sounds like a reality show worth watching!

Best Answer

Yeah I know! I was surprised to find myself watching it too!

Best Answer