555calif 555calif 51-55, M 14 Answers Jul 23, 2012

I have been friends with people who are richer and poorer. Perhaps more or less physically in shape or attractive. Younger and older. More religious and less. Some who were more worldly. Some who were homosexual.

I don't really consider those to be unequal friendships as much as it just being that we have differences between us. And that's with almost every relationship. I seldom run into anyone in the same situation that I'm in, financially, religiously, physically, etc. When I think of a friendship as being unequal, I think of a situation where one person is being more of a friend than the other one is. A relationship that is out of balance.

Best Answer

Good answer .

Best Answer

Best answer. ^^

Best Answer

I've had friends who've been better looking but had issues like coke addictions, and friends who've had way more money but abrasive personalities, and friends who did extremely well academically but seemed to need constant affirmation. I always kind of felt like it evened out in the end. They might be better in some areas that balance out your weak areas, while you're strong in some areas that balance out their weak areas.

Best Answer

I like this, it made me feel better about myself. :)

Best Answer

yep...but that friend might think the same

Best Answer

Oh sure, Had a friend in High school, he was smart , handsome, got all the dates. good jobs etc. I wasn't jealous but he hurt me sometimes. He was pretty shallow but I was too young to understand it. He died last year, Divorced, unemployed, addicted.

I feel bad, he had so much potential and was so smart. I feel bad for his kids.

Best Answer

woa woa unequal is a pretty **** choice of word i couldnt care what people look like i aint a product of this bullshit society theres way to many mindless cattle out there just accecpting all the crap tv and the **** the government rams down there throat there can be no real friendship when one thinks there better then the other this very question ****** me off

Best Answer

NO and yes, a while ago.

Best Answer

Yes. In high school my best friend was very handsome and a natural athlete. Always had a good tan and dressed well. The girls flocked to him and ignored me. I was envious, especially as he went on to make good money as a factory supervisor and got into the Reserve as I went off to fight. I lost track of him after a couple of years when I was back in the states and concentrated on college and career.

Fast forward to our 40th HS reunion (the first I went to). I was actually sad at the poor shape he was in, both physically and mentally, and the lack of meaningful companionship in his life. My envy died then. Schadenfreude was not even in the equation.

Best Answer

No. I wouldn't consider someone who is more worldly better than me either.

Best Answer

Yes and when I kept getting embarrassed I left them.

Best Answer

Usually I've been the better of the two. I need to pick better friends.

Best Answer

Yes I have

Best Answer