I had a problem with my rib cage, i could barely breath it hurt so much. I thaught maybe i had broken a rib but couldnt think how i couldve done it. I was about to go to the hospital but i googled it just in case there was nothing they could do (like a broke finger). And i found out that an anxiety attack can feel like broken ribs if it lasts long enough. I had this for a week!! Then i was ok. But lately ive been having anxiety attacks a couple times a day. I never had this problem before. Its awefull, i feel like something terrible is going to happen or someone i love just died and my body knows it. I cant breath, i shake and sweat and im totally irrational until i calm down. But the calm doesnt last long. I even took a pregnancy test just in case. Im not pregnant. But completely miserable and on edge just waiting for the next attack. Any thaughts, advice, or experience on this would be great.
AnnyOnimous AnnyOnimous 22-25, F 3 Answers Jun 15 in Health

Yes control your thinking your mind is lying to you!

Best Answer

I had unrelenting attacks for 4 days straight. I was even having them in my dreams. Scary stuff. Make sure you get enough sleep, nutrition, emotional balance and security. Thats what's going to stop panic attacks in the long run.

Best Answer

...i mean, if its not caused by hormonal/physical issues

Best Answer

Im working on it. Its tough to tell yourself its all in your head. Even for me. Im a very headstrong person, i can rationalize anything if i put my mind to it and think logically. But anxiety is new to me. And i think its worse because i cant rationalize during an attack which freaks me out even worse. I am getting a bit better at it though.

Best Answer

More

Best Answer

Really!!!? Omg! Are you on prescriptipns? Im really trying to avoid that. But its getting to me.

Best Answer

My anixety attacks were so bad for so long I became agorophobic not leaving the house over two years at my worst. Don't recomend it, its been some time since a full blown attack. Think mid twenties can be very difficult and is not uncommon to experience such attacks.Do you know what triggers your attacks, or is it a mystery? My thoughts go out to you AnnyOnimous you are not alone xox

Best Answer

Im not sure what triggers it. I think its just random. Stress related, but mostly random. Like for instance one of the more intense ones, i was riding in the truck with my boyfriend going to the mountains, winding roads and what not, which is enough to make someone nervous, but ive always really enjoyed the winding mountain roads. I had an attack out of the blue, it was so bad i couldnt even rationalize it as anxiety. Luckily my BF mother struggles with anxiety and he just took over. He pulled over at the next overlook to get me out of the truck and after a while, with his help i felt better. But its always something like that. Seamingly rabdom. But i have wondered if myself not being in control of the situation could be a trigger. Like that time i was a passenger in the truck. Other times i was at work as they were remodeling and kept moving all my stuff. Things like that. Could it be a control thing?

Best Answer